Jim Keller Leaving Tesla to Reportedly Join Intel

Guest_Jim_*

Jim Keller is a name some of you may have heard before, in no small part because of his work at AMD on the Zen CPU architecture. The man and his talents are held in high regard in the industry, and in 2016 he left AMD to join Tesla and its Autopilot program. Now he is leaving the electric vehicle manufacturer to reportedly re-enter the microprocessor world with Intel. Part of his role at Tesla was developing the chips for running the Autopilot AI, and it is possible he will continue such work at Intel, as it purchased MobileEye, an autonomous driving company. It is also possible this move to Intel could eventually produce a new architecture to challenge AMD's future Zen products.

Source: Electrek

Back to original news post

While I am a fan of Jim Keller, I am not a fan of him developing Zen, then ultimately (through Tesla) leaving for Intel. I hope that he learns what he can, then go back to AMD. Intel has too much advantage in cash over AMD, and I worry that they'll bury AMD again.

JK is going to bump things up @ Intel,.. :yes:

Kaby Lake-G & Radeon RX Vega M GH,.. Hades Canyon NUC's and Core i9-8950HK Laptops, just to name a few,.. going to be some vary cool hardware rolling out.

Edited by Braegnok