Help me make a decision

I am looking for opinions from people who have had hardware problems with their builds.  Should be common enough.

My problem, is that my computer is dead as a door nail.   I hit the switch and get nothing.  Yes the Mobo lights for the onboard power button and the overclock button are lighting up.  Beyond that I get nothing.

Lucky I have a second computer with a good power supply.   I tried installing the new power supply and NOTHING again.  Same thing.  Onboard power button and OC button light up but that's it.

Rig in Sig.

I am guessing its the motherboard as I have replaced MOBOs in the past with similar problems.  Just looking for opinions please, thank you.

Edited by HarryTaco

• 3 weeks later...

I had a very similar problem a cpl of weeks ago with the wife's PC, did same as you with power supply nothing but some lights on motherboard.For grins and giggles I took the ram out low and behold the contacts were dirty cleaned them, it booted and ran fine.Odd they got dirty or corroded like that.But it was built in early 2000's so maybe not so odd.