• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DanielA

DanielA

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:13 AM

Hello OCC members!

I'm not sure which monitor to choose to play at pokerstars.
I play at 10 tables simultaneously and I'm tired of constantly moving through windows to see what's going on at each table. (still playing on Full-HD laptop).
My idea was to have a monitor (or several) that would have room for all the windows open in the standard resolution (I do not like to see the text too small).
Anyone who has ever applied such a solution? My PC has a VGA and an HDMI (video out ports).
I'm living in Portugal so, I just want to buy in Portuguese stores. So far I've seen this site that seems to add some stores, but I do not know if in a 4K the content will be too small (I want to stay + - 60cm appart from the monitor)!
At the same time I would like to have a solution with reasonable price / quality. Maximum budget of 300 €.
What do you suggest from this page? I leave link below (sorry the size of the link, it's because of the filters).
I am open to every kind of suggestion!

#2 dling

dling

BEER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3136 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:31 AM

Get the largest/widest monitor you can afford .

Case:Cooler Master Sniper / Motherboard : ASUS x99 Sabertooth/ CPU: Intel Core i7 [email protected] / CPU HS:Corsair H100i
VGA: MSI 1080 TI  OC Armor with Arctic Accelero Xtreme 3 Cooler / Memory: Corsair Dominator 16GB DDR4 2800 / SSD's:OCZ Vertex3 120g X 3 Raid 0 + Samsung EVO 840 250g for OS+WD Blue 500g
PSU: CoolMax 1200W / Monitor: Acer X34 @ 100 hz/ KB: CM Storm Trigger Z / Mouse: Razor Lachesis / OS: Windows 10 Home premium 64

#3 Braegnok

Braegnok

Nimrod

• Folding Member
  • 1388 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 06:17 AM

You might consider shopping for pre-owned panels.

pre-owned ultra-wide 34" panel for 210 EUR.  https://www.ebay.com...PQAAOSwYNxah0xo

Edited by Braegnok, 04 March 2018 - 05:03 PM.

Intel Core i7-7700K 

Asus Z270-WS

NVidia GTX 1080 Ti SLI

Corsair 16GB 3866MHz

SeaSonic SSR-1000PD

Corsair Hydro H115i

#4 That_Guy

That_Guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:41 PM

You might consider getting a used TV for that purpose. I've picked up a 65" Sceptre (low-end brand) for $600 and i run a few windows for crypto trading, it works out pretty well and also pairs as a TV. Don't expect any decent gaming though, i think its capped at about 30 Hz so the image is superchoppy and 4k (even video) doesn't impress either, there is some flickering in the background, but with your budget you could score something of a smaller size and better refresh rate . Amazon here in US has 50" ones for $300 new, guess you could get something similar used in a good condition

There are two kinds of people in this world: those who can extrapolate from an incomplete data...