Overclocking More

WhiteBear

I've already over clocked a PC from 3.2ghz to roughly 4Ghz, the CPU runs at roughly 33C.  Therefore can I atleast push the CPU to 4.2 ghz also considering if I have; I assume plenty of wattage coming into the computer, if that is relevant to begin with ?

It has little to do with wattage coming into your pc, it has to do with voltage running threw the cpu. Are you stress resting it on the oc, I find that temp to be very low if you are. Also give us some system info if you want advice.

• 4 weeks later...

SpikeSopano. 

What do you mean stress resting it on the oc ?

The average temp of the CPU including all cores is around 34C. 

What is the most accurate method to know what the CPU is currently running at, that is including over clocking ? And could I possible if I'm correct that I'm running at an average of 4.2Ghz push that to around 4.6Ghz ?

Like spike say, some system info would help. Like they CPU you are using.

Best method I know of for checking if a CPU is stable when overclocked is running Prime95.

SpikeSopano. 

What do you mean stress resting it on the oc ?

The average temp of the CPU including all cores is around 34C. 

What is the most accurate method to know what the CPU is currently running at, that is including over clocking ? And could I possible if I'm correct that I'm running at an average of 4.2Ghz push that to around 4.6Ghz ?

Resting is the way my keyboard writes TESTING, (and if you didn't know what stress testing was maybe you should do a google on oc'ing,lol)

Like Cow said prime95 is a good program for stress testing to see if your oc is stable.

Also "hardware monitor" is a great program to show your temps and what the cpu is running at if the mb supports those options.

Does it matter prime95 hasn't been updated for a while ? I'm able to get the temps directly though my PSU no need for software options.

Nope, the basics haven't changed in 10+ years.

• 2 months later...