AMD Adrenalin Edition Drivers Launched with AMD Link Mobile App, Many New Features

Guest_Jim_*

A couple weeks ago AMD teased Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, this year's significant driver update, similar to the Crimson ReLive Edition drivers released a year ago. Along with Adrenalin came the AMD Link app, which allows you to monitor various performance statistics from your mobile device and record and share ReLive captures. The drivers also have a performance overlay, so this information can be put up on your screen.

While the performance monitoring capabilities are definitely cool, the Adrenalin brings a lot for than that with it. Radeon ReLive has been optimized to reduce its overhead, added Chroma Key for removing backgrounds in webcam video, separate audio tracks for microphone and game audio, expanded social platforms, and support for Vulkan, Eyefinity, borderless window region capture, and mouse button hotkeys. Enhanced Sync, essentially driver-side triple buffering, is now supported by all GCN-based GPUs, supports Vulkan, Multi-GPU systems, and Eyefinity. Radeon Chill, the feature that will lower framerate when there is less action to reduce power consumption, has also been expanded to support "most game titles." The built-in overclocking feature, Radeon WattMan can now save and load profiles to the storage disk. Frame Rate Target Control now supports Vulkan and FreeSync has been support for HDR10 titles on FreeSync2 displays along with per-application FreeSync support.

There have also been a number of fixed issues, including an OverWatch hang that has been frustrating a number of people for months.

While the list of additions and fixes are pretty long and impressive, none of the special RX Vega features appear to be among them. Still, there is a lot to be happy about (personally I like Radeon Chill being available in every game I have tried launching so far, especially when I can see clocks reduce in the AMD Link app).

Source: AMD

Back to original news post