Everything Cryptocurrency Thread!

ir_cow

Definitely no free power here. I was trying to use a mining calculator but now there is all these different things like scrypt, x11 and sha-256. I don't even know what one to look at lol.

For Pascals the best algo is equihash and lyra2rev2. The rest either for ASIC miners or AMD cards. In the sense that it can be upwards of 10-100x faster compared to Pascal  mining. It still possible, but you will never make a profit with those directly mining it. Ravencoin is a odd one because it uses X16 which seems to be alright for Pascal GPUs as well as AMD.

• 2 weeks later...

Spam? Anyways I updated the list. Looks like more progress to RavenCoin is being done and ASICs are coming in June for Equilhash. I sold the last of my cards today. Its cheaper to buy and hold to mine. Plus no power bill.

Looks like more progress to RavenCoin is being done and ASICs are coming in June for Equilhash. I sold the last of my cards today. Its cheaper to buy and hold to mine. Plus no power bill.

I shut down all my cards this week also, only running ASICs.

+1 on the buy and hold.  :yes:

I still got 5870s 7970s upstairs 960s 970s guess I better get rig of these 1080tis before they end upstairs collecting dust

If you can sell them for what you paid for new or a bit more, be nice chunk of cash,.. would buy a lot of tomato seeds.  :happy:

Yep, I sold all my cards for more than I paid for in cash and still have all my coins. Lesson learned. Don't start a mini mining farm. Buy into projects you believe in and hold for a few years.

I honestly think Ravencoin has some good ideas if they can implement it. Ability to make assets for 50 RVN or unique one offs for 5 RVN each. Meaning you can sell software with the Key being a token that is resellable. A music album, Art, you name it. solves a the biggest problem with digital sales. Which is you cannot ever sell it and every company has its own platform. This would allow you to control your ownership and trade it as you please. Once you handed your token over, the software becomes unusable. Great idea, very hard to globally setup.

The major hurdle is some big company has to implement it first and everyone will follow suit.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up for you guys, looks like bitttrex is having issues with fldc deposits now. I've got 10k fldc that has succesfully sent, but is not showing up in the wallet.

This is an annoying coin lol

• ir_cow locked this topic