AMD Teases Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Releasing in December

Guest_Jim_*

For some years now, AMD has been releasing in December a significant to its drivers, often adding new features, such as ReLive which came in 2016. Because of this annual release schedule, many have been looking forward to this update, and now AMD has revealed its name in a video, embedded below. Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, named for the Adrenalin Rose, is coming in December, and there is a lot of speculation of what it will bring with it.

Among the hopes and hype for this driver package is the activation of various features the RX Vega GPUs possess, but have been deactivated since release. I seem to recall seeing something indicating a performance statistics overlay would be among the features, but am not able to find the information now. With Adrenalin releasing in just weeks though, we will find out what it has to offer soon enough, and if the 'from great to greatness' claim on the Radeon RX Twitter account holds up.

Source: AMD

Back to original news post

Would be nice to buy a new card and have everything fully functional, not needing to wait for software release to enable features.

I read somewhere about AMD gimping the RX Vega GPU's Draw Stream Binning Rasterizer,.. with fully enabled Vega would see huge performance boost and power consumption drop,.. I'm guessing the Adrenalin software will fully enable DSBR on Vega.