Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Announced

Guest_Jim_*

news41191_1-neverwinter_nights_enhanced_

I am not sure if I should admit this, but I have yet to play the game Neverwinter Nights. I do have a copy, but it has not yet graced my computer. If you are like me, or a long-time fan, maybe you do not want to install it now as Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been announced by developer Beamdog.

The reveal came on Twitter (and there is a Twitch stream going on as I write this) and there is now a product page up on Beamdog's website with much more information. The enhanced features will include improved display support, including the ability to scale the UI for 1080 and 4K resolutions and much improved graphics options, though the original art-style will be maintained. Very importantly, the Enhanced Edition will work with the original game's saves, modules, and mods so all of the content from the original game will remain viable. New graphics mods should also be possible as the engine is being transitioned to shader-based from its original implementation. This may result in worse performance on GPUs from the game's original released, but is going to allow for better support of modern hardware and graphical shaders.

It does not say it on the product page, but I believe I heard the developers say on the stream there will be native Mac and Linux versions. The toolset are going to be Windows limited though, as apparently they are made with a system that does not support Linux.

I do not see a release date yet, but the game is already up for pre-order at $19.99 and $39.99 for the Digital Deluxe version. The Digital Deluxe version includes the original premium modules from Bioware and the soundtracks. There is an early access/Head Start program pre-ordering fans can be selected for.

Source: Beamdog on Twitter, Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition – Digital Deluxe Product Page, and Beamdog Blog

news41191_2-neverwinter_nights_enhanced_news41191_3-neverwinter_nights_enhanced_news41191_18961-neverwinter_nights_enhannews41191_18962-neverwinter_nights_enhannews41191_18963-neverwinter_nights_enhannews41191_18964-neverwinter_nights_enhannews41191_18965-neverwinter_nights_enhannews41191_18966-neverwinter_nights_enhannews41191_18967-neverwinter_nights_enhannews41191_18968-neverwinter_nights_enhannews41191_18969-neverwinter_nights_enhannews41191_18970-neverwinter_nights_enhannews41191_18971-neverwinter_nights_enhannews41191_18972-neverwinter_nights_enhan

Back to original news post