1080ti sli

dling

Is there any real reason to go SLI with a 1080ti right now. I'm playing doom on highest settings and geting 60fps and above. I just want it. But dont think there's going too be any real benefit in the game.

Depends on the game and resolution. The a single 1080Ti is great for 2k and decent for 4k. Even though I have the cards, I'm okay with 30-60 FPS a single card provides @ 4k. I usually leave SLI disabled unless benchmarking. 

Ive been looking at a second card. The prices are still very high. I do want one. I was looking at ebay.

People are bidding on used card for almost the price of a new one. CRAZY. Thanks for the input.

Yeah, the only games I know of that need SLI 1080 TI's are all early access.

And that's when you're looking at 4K, and even then you might have a better investment for FPS by upgrading your CPU instead.

Would cpu would you recommend? I have a 6 core at 4.5g.

And that's when you're looking at 4K, and even then you might have a better investment for FPS by upgrading your CPU instead.

Edited by dling

Would cpu would you recommend? I have a 6 core at 4.5g.

Well going back to old reviews, the 5820 is close to the 4790K FPS wise in games. Than comparing it to the 8700K which is also a 6Core. You are looking at a 5-15FPS jump depending on the game. That requires a whole new socket and motherboard. I don't think its worth it for such a small performance boost. Your overclock makes up for it.

Edit: its hard to do a direct comparison unless someone else has a 1080Ti and the same game to compare/test it.