Got a new monitor, confused about stuff...

Assassin X

I have 3 of these monitors.  All I did was set the brightness on the monitor around 35-40%, Contrast at 75%, Make sure deep sleep mode is disabled, that might be what you were experiencing before, Normal Mode (3ms) vs. Fast Mode (1ms) is that you will get ghosting (that white trail you mentioned) unless you're using Normal mode.  It's a trade-off for the price of the monitor imo.

If you have an Nvidia graphics card make sure GSync is enabled, If your game falls between ~30fps and 144fps then GSync will be in effect, it does what VSync was meant to do without adding any additional input lag (changes monitor refresh rate to stay in sync with FPS so you don't see any screen tearing).  I set a max fps in games that support commands like that (142fps is what I use to make sure it never gets to 144fps, at that point vsync can get enabled if you don't have it explicitly disabled) to make sure GSync is always enabled.

Also in Nvidia color options;

Gamma: ~.65

Digital Vibrance: ~70%

With these settings the washed out effect is basically gone and any 'banding' issues will be minimized (usually effected most by higher brightness settings).

Edited by xenkw0n