[WTB] LGA1156 Motherboard

catkicker

welp, that wasn't a real popular socket, kind of a dead end, but i did put together a machine on a gigabyte p55-ud5 ...only thing is the sheila is still using it for her main office machine and daily web browser (shrug)...it's still up and running and she would kill me if i changed anything,...she won't even let me put win 10 on it,....crazy woman likes her win 8.1,...but there are a few 1156 mobos out there in the world...

They are out there, but I doubt you'll find one with the original box and such, I sold an asus p6 with a 920 and 4 gb of ram for $100 canadian to a buddy of mine about 2 months ago, you might find one on ebay that works good if your lucky !

They are out there, but I doubt you'll find one with the original box and such, I sold an asus p6 with a 920 and 4 gb of ram for $100 canadian to a buddy of mine about 2 months ago, you might find one on ebay that works good if your lucky !

I still uses several x58 boards two of which are P6T had a couple gigabytes die... Asus just keep going..

• Like 1

Some of your are referencing 1366 which is X58 and OP is talking about 1156.  X58 systems are still viable because of the 6 core Xeon's that overclock really well and support for 48GB of RAM.  1156 is kind of a dead-end anymore and has underwhelming performance.  It's the reason I asked "Why?" - For 100$ you could get a used X58 board and then grab a X5650 for $20 and instantly have a much faster computer than any 1156.  If it's for enthusiast/personal appeal, I get it.

• 1 month later...

you still looking for one?  I'm upgrading my system and I planning on selling off my Gigabyte EX58-UD4p.

I'll prob be selling off the rest of the rig too :

OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model ...

Cooler Master Hyper N520 - CPU Cooler with Copper Base and 5 Heatpipes

intel i7 920

(woops, should have read the previous post, I misread as well.  Well still thinking of selling off the stuff anyhow)

Edited by Muskie

Found a Asus Maximus III Gene with box and access. More board then I need but still a awesome board. $100.00

quite a sweet little mobo actually ! ..was damn nice at the time it was state of the art...so many more choices out there now...