14 replies to this topic

#13 SpikeSoprano

SpikeSoprano

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2101 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:58 AM

You should be able to tell if there will be a problem, your charger will get hot not just warm, the same thing with the battery if it feels hot that means there is a short in it and you should not use it. I would just leave it unplugged when not in use to be on the safe side. I've used laptops with bad batterys for years with no problems and the charging liite were always on.As long as the battery dosen't short out it will be fine.

The charger is warm, but not "hot" per-se.
The battery itself is cool, does not feel warm, but that could be because of the casing, it has a shroud covering it.

Warm is pretty well normal for most chargers, how long dose the laptop run doing normal stuff like surfing the net with the charger unplugged ? If you get 2 hours out of it I'd say don't worry about it.

CPU>I7 2600K  -MB>GIGABYTE  Z68X-UD3H-B3-MEM>16 GB KINGSTON 1600 MHZ-COOLER> HYPER 212 EVO

VIDEO>ZOTAC GTX 660 2 GB-SSD>VERTEX 3 120 GB-HD>WD 500+WD 250 GB- G500 MOUSE
CASE>ROSEWILL CHALLENGER W/4 120MM FANS-PSU> 650 WATT-MONITOR>24 INCH BENQ

#14 Waco

Waco

Lab Rat 2

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16479 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:39 AM

If your runtime hasn't significantly dropped from new, ignore it. There's no reason to be concerned.
Tolerance is a sign of weakness.

#15 dling

dling

BEER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3063 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:45 AM

I dont keep my battery in my laptop and just use the household power to extend the life of the battery. 99% of my LT use is within easy reach

of an ac outlet. If I know that I will be needing the battery I just plug it in until its charged. I also try to discharge it all the way down afterwards.

Case:Cooler Master Sniper / Motherboard : ASUS x99 Sabertooth/ CPU: Intel Core i7 [email protected] / CPU HS:Corsair H100i
VGA: Nvidia 1080 TI  / Memory: Corsair Dominator 16GB DDR4 2800 / SSD's:OCZ Vertex3 120g X 3 Raid 0 + Samsung EVO 840 250g for OS+WD Blue 500g
PSU: CoolMax 1200W / Monitor: Asus PG279Q @ 165 hz/ KB: CM Storm Trigger Z / Mouse: Razor Lachesis / OS: Windows 10 Home premium 64