laptop battery dying?

So i got myself a fancy laptop a while ago (June 2016) and it did what it need to do quite well.

Currently i have the laptop on the charger and it is stuck on 93%, but the laptop says it is still charging.

This has been going on for a few hours now, it will not go on green so to say (orange when charging, green when full)

i looked at the battery report that windows made, but i am not becoming any wiser lol.

i unplug the charger when watching movies or typing reports and the like, until windows prompts me to say to plug it in if it is at 10%.

iI did this in hopes of decreasing a "lazy battery" pattern, but i guess it did not help me if i see the symptoms it has now.

Hopefully someone here knows whats up.

i just bluntly copied pasted the data in a notepad file, sorry for the jumpy text.

battery report.zip

Laptop batteries for the most part of only good for a year. Even less if you just leave it plugged in all day. Some higher end laptops use lithium and Apple has about the best batteries using lithium polymer but those are still only good for 1000 cycles. 92% just tells me one of the cells is no longer charging and life its end of life.

Alright, i figured the battery was defect, but i still have a concern.

If i leave the charger in for its use for the rest of the time, does this have any dangers like overheating the battery (or overcharging so to say) since the laptop is in constant charging mode, or is it safe for as long as i use the laptop while it is in the charger and leave it out when i do not use it?

You should be able to tell if there will be a problem, your charger will get hot not just warm, the same thing with the battery if it feels hot that means there is a short in it and you should not use it. I would just leave it unplugged when not in use to be on the safe side. I've used laptops with bad batterys for years with no problems and the charging liite were always on.As long as the battery dosen't short out it will be fine.

Edited by SpikeSoprano

laptop batteries are only 15$ now, bro

you are making this a way bigger deal than it is

however, are you sure you bought the laptop last year? it may have a 1 year warranty so you can ask about getting the battery replaced 

you can continue to use the computer with a bad battery is fine, but it would be like leaving your TV on 24 hours a day so unplug it if you are not using it if it constantly says it is charging. 

its very easy to tell if your battery is bad, just start unplugging your laptop while it is turned on

while doing normal stuff like web browsing, does the computer last more than an hour? or just 30 minutes? 

Edited by potatochobit

Batteries last a lot more than a year. A dead cell would make it not charge *at all* or hold a ridiculously short charge compared to normal.

Windows 10 / modern laptops are designed not to charge a battery to 100% capacity while running to avoid damaging the battery. If runtime is normal, ignore it. :)

Good batteries last more than a year. I haven't come across a good one but inside a laptop but with Apples lithium polymer ones. I'm not defending Apple, but they did the R&D and spends the extra few dollars.

Good batteries last more than a year. I haven't come across a good one but inside a laptop but with Apples lithium polymer ones. I'm not defending Apple, but they did the R&D and spends the extra few dollars.

All modern lithium ion batteries are polymer type. Very few laptops use the old style since they cost more and aren't as dense.

You should be able to tell if there will be a problem, your charger will get hot not just warm, the same thing with the battery if it feels hot that means there is a short in it and you should not use it. I would just leave it unplugged when not in use to be on the safe side. I've used laptops with bad batterys for years with no problems and the charging liite were always on.As long as the battery dosen't short out it will be fine.

The charger is warm, but not "hot" per-se.

The battery itself is cool, does not feel warm, but that could be because of the casing, it has a shroud covering it.

Nobody?

#SadLife

Guess i need to send it back, i hoped some hidden guru's knew some nice tricks to get it back up again :P

Some time back, I experience a similar problem. After several years my laptop battery simply would not hole a charge. I was told bu so called exsperts that leafing the battery plugged in for extended periods of time would kill the battery. After doing extended research, I found that not to be the case. I tried several replacement batteries and they all failed in a short time but all after the warranty expired. I tried these guys, http://www.kahlon.com/, and the battery is still working after 3 years. Do not know what is different but it works.