only 2 of 6 cores showing

hay guys. I just noticed that I only show 2 of 6 cores for my  I7 5820k  cpu.I was doing some clock changes when I saw that i seem to have lost 4 cores.

In the device Manger it shows all 6 but in cpuid CPU-Z  and in task manager only 2. could I have killed 4 of my cores OCing 24/7 ?

I was running 2.5g @1.3vdc. The temps where not high and I dont really think that voltage would kill the cup cores. Im lost.

Try running Prime95 briefly to see if it uses all your cores.  

You can also open task manager, select tab processes, right click and select 'Set Affinity' to confirm you have 6-cores as option to run process.

Edited by Braegnok

Do a full shutdown then go into the bios and reset defaults. Then shut down and clear CMOS. Then firs it back up with default settings and go into the OS to see if they are back. Had this happen once while overclocking a chip.

I did the right click on processes and it did not do anything. I sure Im not doing it right.

Try running Prime95 briefly to see if it uses all your cores.  

You can also open task manager, select tab processes, right click and select 'Set Affinity' to confirm you have 6-cores as option to run process.

I did as you directed and ,still the same.

Do a full shutdown then go into the bios and reset defaults. Then shut down and clear CMOS. Then firs it back up with default settings and go into the OS to see if they are back. Had this happen once while overclocking a chip.

Can you screenshot what you are seeing in the task manager, and also in CPUz

when I get a chance. on wife's laptop now. going outside for some R&R.

After your cold beer, I got something else you can try,.. could be your OS acting up.

Make sure you are running as Administrator :

-Run MSConfig->Change to Boot tab->Advanced Options-> "Number of Processors", make sure there is no check mark.

-Delete processor entries listed in Device Manager, then reboot and allow Windows to redetect/reinstall them.