Time to sell those old AMD cards!

Because of the second wave of Bitcoin mining, AMD cards are skyrocketed in price. I just sold an R9 290 I had laying around for $250 on ebay. Just last month it was worthless. I suggest anyone who isn't mining to sell their cards and wait a few months when the VEGA comes out. Buy the new stuff and laugh at those suckers who spent more than the card was worth.

5870s any good got 4 upstairs collecting dust

It seems to be 290's 390's 470/480s and 570/580s that are now very hard to find.

the difficulty has also gone up quite a bit on various coins recently, so it will be ineresting to see if these more expensive machines profit.

Edit: also 380s but not the 2gb versions

Edited by scr4wl

Wasn't there a guy on here selling a r9 290 for like $120?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Yeah it took like a month for him to get $100 haha. I suspect whoever bought it just flipped it on ebay.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I should offload this 7970??

Maybe you can find someone if its a 6gb card, but the hashrate is much lower on that card. People seem to be looking for slighyly newer models, and at that point i think maybe a 1060 would be a better investment. In other words, i dont think you will get as much as youre hoping for.., but i could be wrong. Who knows if these people think or just throw money at hardware and hope it returns.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I should offload this 7970??

Maybe you can find someone if its a 6gb card, but the hashrate is much lower on that card. People seem to be looking for slighyly newer models, and at that point i think maybe a 1060 would be a better investment. In other words, i dont think you will get as much as youre hoping for.., but i could be wrong. Who knows if these people think or just throw money at hardware and hope it returns.

Naw its the 3gb.  I wonder what it would sell for these days? Great card.

Edited by feetfats

People are disparate, it only took an hour to sell that r9 290. Just list in on ebay for the price you want and see if you get the sale. If not, no problem.