Logitech G410 Atlas?

Miek

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126408&ignorebbr=1

I've wanted a mechanical keyboard for a while now, and this keyboard, for today only, is marked down from $170 CAD to $65 CAD. I'm really debating snapping it up, but I'm wondering about the Romer-G switches. I've used a membrane keyboard my entire life so I figured I wanted a keyboard with some Cherry MX Reds since they're linear (I read that the Romer-G switches feel closest to the Cherry MX Brown and have a tactile bump), but $65 for a mechanical keyboard from a "big brand" name like Logitech seems like too good of a deal to pass up. A keyboard with MX Reds would run me anywhere from $100 to $150 (the Logitech Orion G610 with reds is $130). I already have a Logitech G9X mouse to pair it with, but I'm typing this from a sub-$20 Logitech K120.

What do you guys think? Should I grab this deal while it's hot?

For something like that, at that price, might as well pick it up. The Romer-G switches are different, but some end up really liking them. For $65, hard to go wrong, and if you don't like it, return it?

I know it's an issue that can affect some of the Logitech keyboards, maybe all, but be on the lookout for any keycaps that break. Not on the exterior, but on the interior where they connect to the switch.

Alright, it's done. For $65 and free shipping... Even if it doesn't feel as good as a set of Cherry MX keys, I figure it'll at least offer an improvement over the membrane keys I've always used.  :thumbsup:

A quick Google search reveals a few people with G710, 810, and 910 boards with broken keys but I don't see anything about the G410. I figured Logitech built durable stuff. This K120 keyboard has worked perfectly since I got it 6 years ago. All the letters, numbers, and symbols are all still legible with zero signs of wear.

Edited by Miek

I got the keyboard in the mail today. It has pretty decent software support and is an overall improvement compared to a membrane keyboard, but I'll have to get used to having no numpad. It has a sort of echo or hollow sound when the key is pushed back upwards by the springs after each keystroke but feels like it's built fairly well. The RGB and lighting options are very mesmerizing, but I think I prefer to have keys set to static colours but in zones.

Edited by Miek

• ir_cow locked this topic