Rant: Apple Snob Fanboi's

Rokkaholik

Firstly, no offense to people who like Macs. I like them for a few things, but I'm more of a PC person....

What is the deal with Apple people? Why can't a single person make a post on Facebook or any other message board about wanting to upgrade their PC, fix their PC or possibly buy a new PC without Apple Snobs chiming in with how much more gooder their expensive Apple machine is? And then go on and on with how Apples "never" get viruses, and how Apples all have much better hardware, etc...

Why do they insist on comparing a budget built, basic consumer minded $300 PC to their purpose built overpriced $2000 Mac? Does the price difference make them better? Why do they all assume that ALL PCs are the cheap toshiba, compaq, etc.. Budget models. Do they not understand that tuere is indeed a possibility that someone spent the time and money to build a mean machine of a PC that blows the doors off a Mac performance-wise?

Are they trying to justify the extra $1000+ they overpaid for theirs?

Why even bring up Mac to begin with, when the question at hand was PC related?

It's like saying their Cadillac Escalade is more gooder than the next guys GMC Yukon because it cost 15k more....

Congratz. You got a different nose and azz, a woodgrain dash and 2 pretty gold emblems for 15k... Wisely spent....lol

I tolerate my Mac at work since it provides the real Office suite plus a decent terminal. If I didn't need Office, it'd be a Linux machine.

I don't understand the fanboyism any more than I do the AMD/Intel/Nvidia/PC MASTER RACE/whatever blind fanaticism. At least the PC Master Race stuff seems to be tongue-in-cheek, but the Apple zealots generally seem to be serious.

Just ignore them, it's not worth arguing with someone like that.

I was assuming the asshat was drinking his latte, pinky out, sitting at a Starbucks using their free WiFi because he overpaid for his Mac so much, he couldn't afford internet at home....

Am I close with this scenario?

I work with a guy, and he just bought a Mac for his kid. 

Me: What do you need a Mac for?

Him: Well, its for the kid to play games on
Me: Which videocard does it have?
Him: I don't know but it has latest processor
Me: Which generation?
Him: It's Intel i7! Should handle all the games!
Me: ...

I saved myself some breath and effort explaining that for 1.5 thousand he (or I, if asked) could build a near high-end gaming machine...

I was assuming the asshat was drinking his latte, pinky out, sitting at a Starbucks using their free WiFi because he overpaid for his Mac so much, he couldn't afford internet at home....

Am I close with this scenario?

No. You're just playing stereotypes that make no sense.

Seems like the PC group vs the mac group is very similar to political parties that should explain a lot...

Indeed!

It's a stupid game that everyone should avoid...yet we're all inevitably drug into it. Politics indeed!