AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 1700X, and 1700 Processor Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Frank was using Corsair 16GB 3000MHz C15 @ 2933MHz due to how the memory dividers are arranged,.. and when using #4 profile and applying the preset the ram was running @ 2913.94MHz,.. perhaps due to BIOS limitations.  

Edited by Braegnok

Am I weird for looking to the x265 benchmark with as much interest as the gaming tests?

Looking good though and I'm looking forward to everything maturing so even more performance can be pulled out of these things.

Nice review. Welcome back AMD! Personally I'm more in the market for their low-mid end offerings. Hope they deliver bang for the buck across the board even in their non-flagship lineup.

Well, I wish Wall Street shared most of the same sentiment I am seeing in posts here.  AMD is down over 6% on initial reviews.   They are down almost a dollar at 14.01.  They will, definitely, have to make make some tweaks to the chip and to the price structure.

Well, I wish Wall Street shared most of the same sentiment I am seeing in posts here.  AMD is down over 6% on initial reviews.   They are down almost a dollar at 14.01.  They will, definitely, have to make make some tweaks to the chip and to the price structure.

I was shocked to see that as well! I thought this would surely improve their bottom line. Not send it back down the other way! 

Been holding off on my upgrade for this, I think I will pick up a 1700 (no x) 

Not really and sense spending the extra 70 bucks if you will be overclocking it anyhow unless you want guaranteed a higher base clock speed and boost speed. I am intereted to see if the chips do better in the Crosshair 6 and X370 Titanium board from MSI.

I actually got a better overclock with the 65w R7 1700!  

I'm curious what memory speed was used in the testing and/or what speed it was able to overclock to?  The picture shows about 2933 but Frank says at one point that it was set lower.

When I set the profile in the Ryzen Master application it will drop your memory speed to the profile setting. All my testing was done with the memory set to the 2933Mhz divider.