Twitch to Add Ability to Purchase Games

Guest_Jim_*

I will admit that I have been motivated to purchase at least one game after watching some let's plays in it (Saints Row The Third to be specific) and I doubt I am the only one that can say this. Twitch though is looking to capitalize on phenomenon in Spring when it launches the ability to purchase the game being streamed directly from the channel page. To help sweeten the deal, purchases over $4.99 will come with a Twitch Crate, containing random digital loot, ranging from game-specific emotes to some Bits. If you make the purchase from a partnered streamer's channel, and they are opted into the program, they will receive 5% of the revenue.

When this feature rolls it, purchases will be available world-wide and made through an Amazon account, but the pricing will be in US dollars. More currencies will be supported in the coming months. Games purchased this way can be downloaded and played through the Twitch launcher, or through existing services. Here is a list of the game-creator launch partners for this feature:

• Ubisoft
  • Telltale Games
  • Digital Extremes
  • Hi Rez Studios
  • Double Fine Games
  • Fred Wood
  • 11Bit
  • Jackbox Games
  • tinyBuild
  • Raw Fury
  • Devolver Digital
  • Gambitious