Middle-earth: Shadow of War Officially Announced, Coming August 22

Guest_Jim_*

Last week there appeared to be a leak that a sequel to Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor was coming, and today Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Monolith Productions, the publisher and developer respectively, have officially announced Middle-earth: Shadow of War is coming. I really enjoyed the first game, making it very easy to recommend when I reviewed it, so personally I am quite excited. Making the announcement even better is that we already have a release date too, of August 22, 2017 and it is coming to PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. It is also going to be part of the Xbox Play Anywhere program, so you can get it through Steam or the Windows Store.

Like the first game, Shadow of War tells an original story within the Lord of the Rings world, and you will be playing as Talion and Celebrimbor, the murdered ranger and elven-wraith bound together with Sauron as a common, reviled enemy. This time Sauron will have the Nazgul on his side though, and there are other, deadly enemies to contend with. Also returning is the Nemesis system, which strengthened enemies that survived an encounter with you, so the next time you might not be so lucky. This time Nemesis is going to cover the entire open-world, with the environment and characters being affected by your actions and decisions. Now, along with procedurally generated enemies with varied strengths and weaknesses, there will also be Nemesis Fortresses, dynamic strongholds with their own Orc armies. We will have to see how well they hold up against a new Ring of Power.

Source: Monolith Productions

Back to original news post