• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 whitefiretiger

whitefiretiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:19 PM

So long story short Intel didnt update there drivers for older HD graphics to work on windows 10 (or 8 for some) but with a little copy paste in the inf file of the windows 7 driver and doing advanced reboot to install unsigned drivers the driver can be installed and works flawlessly. The issue is windows update likes to replace it with a generic driver every so often and i go from like 100fps to 10fps.

So if somebody knows how to either sign the modded driver or get update to stop replacing the unsigned driver let me know.

1429502.png

#2 Braegnok

Braegnok

Nimrod

• Folding Member
  • 1347 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:04 AM

It's a simple process just a lot of steps, a few things changed with Windows 10 but still same process. First you need the EV Code Signing Certificate. https://msdn.microso...e/hh801887.aspx

Then you can use the links for information on, tests, merging, and submitting modded driver from Windows Hardware Certification blog,..  https://blogs.msdn.m...-in-windows-10/

Edited by Braegnok, 17 February 2017 - 12:22 PM.

Intel Core i9-7900X

Asus WS X299 SAGE

Nvidia  GTX 1080Ti SLI

Corsair DDR4 3800MHz

Corsair AX1600i

Custom water-cooling 

#3 whitefiretiger

whitefiretiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:11 AM

Thanks.

Somebody suggested that i try using ddu to disable auto update of display driver and so far my unsigned driver is staying put.

If this doesn't continue to work I will look back into signing the driver.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

1429502.png

#4 Waco

Waco

Lab Rat 2

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16508 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

You won't be able to sign it without spending a fair amount of money to become a verified vendor to MS.
Tolerance is a sign of weakness.

#5 whitefiretiger

whitefiretiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:44 PM

Thanks.

I know there used to be a way to re sign drivers for personal use/testing purposes only but looks like Microsoft wont accept the old ways any more.

Wish Intel would just fix the early gen core i drivers to work past win 7. Its stupid theres drivers for the old chipsets that were used with socket 775 but not the early core i stuff.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

1429502.png