Sorta interesting build (Images)

17 replies to this topic

#13 xenkw0n

xenkw0n

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

Why are you populating the A1 and A2 slots instead of A1 and B1 with memory?

#14 scr4wl

scr4wl

R34CT1V4T3D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:27 AM

Because I wanted to run in single channel mode. :P

Actually no, I had a dyslexic moment and could have sworn I saw them labeled as A1B1 A2B2. I haven't used anything as new as this and thought maybe things have changed. You are corret though, as per usual the channels alternate, I have since moved the second dimm to the appropriate slot.

Generic Most Awesome Sig

#15 Locutus

Locutus

Fortune favors the bold.

• Folding Member
  • 2011 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:43 AM

That is SO COOL.

What's the second board for? Gonna be for streaming/encoding maybe? I'm gonna scroll back through so I'll see if you already said...

Heatware - Ebay

"I can't believe I ate the entire kitten!"

sigimage.gif

#16 xenkw0n

xenkw0n

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:51 PM

Actually no, I had a dyslexic moment and could have sworn I saw them labeled as A1B1 A2B2. I haven't used anything as new as this and thought maybe things have changed. You are corret though, as per usual the channels alternate, I have since moved the second dimm to the appropriate slot.

Ha!  I'm only asking because I've been watching some motherboard sales on Ebay and I'm seeing a LOT of scenarios where people have their RAM populated in strange positions...  I always want to send them messages if they actually had their system running in single channel mode for a particular reason or if they just slapped the RAM in the motherboard to show it off.  It's a phenomena I'm having a hard time accepting...

#17 scr4wl

scr4wl

R34CT1V4T3D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:36 PM

Ha! I'm only asking because I've been watching some motherboard sales on Ebay and I'm seeing a LOT of scenarios where people have their RAM populated in strange positions... I always want to send them messages if they actually had their system running in single channel mode for a particular reason or if they just slapped the RAM in the motherboard to show it off. It's a phenomena I'm having a hard time accepting...

Odd,

I know I've seen some boards where the colors of the Dimm slots do not alternate. E.G. you will habe two blue slots next to each other, then two orange slots next to each other.

Perhaps that could have something to do with it.

Generic Most Awesome Sig

#18 Waco

Waco

Lab Rat 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16508 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

Roses are red, violets are blue, RAM goes into slots four and two.

Tolerance is a sign of weakness.

Reply to this topic