N600 WNDR3700v2 Wan 100m

They keep increasing our cable internet speeds and I am at 200/20 now but my modem was only a 4 channel so I got a new ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 16 channel Got it hooked up today and bypassed the router for setup with ISP speed were good over 200 down 20 up.

Hooked the router back up and I am at 100m speeds and its a gigabit router all cat 6 cables also. Anyone know why the WAN port is only running at 100m?

84c0b2f13919e4c1ceb184e7be64548f.png

Try disabling QOS if its on. I think its a bad cable or Ethernet jack. The connection speeds are automatic, so you can't manually change it to 1000M from what I can tell. I have the same router and couldn't find any option to change it.

Edited by WhenKittensATK

Try disabling QOS if its on. I think its a bad cable or Ethernet jack. The connection speeds are automatic, so you can't manually change it to 1000M from what I can tell. I have the same router and couldn't find any option to change it.

Its not on, its one cat6 cable from router to pc down stairs. I can unhook it from router and plug it into modem speeds are over 200 put the router back in and its 100m..I even made a cat6 cable to go between modem and router thinking maybe the cat5e wasnt enough and tested it of course with cable tester.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5946474038

I got another router I am going to try and see what it does by googling seems others have had the same problem with this router

Edited by road-runner

You've swapped everything else, only thing left is the modem. Modem to PC works. Router to PC works. Modem to Router 1 didn't work. Modem to Router 2 didn't work. The modem isn't talking to the router correctly and you've already swapped the router. The only route I see left is a Modem 2. Since its brand new the store should hopefully replace it for you without issues.

Edited by WhenKittensATK

The modem works fine without the netgear router and a cable run directly from pc to modem. Modem works fine with another router buffalo DDWRT... I have since read were others have had the same problem with this netgear router gave up on it and bought a new router... I am good and using the buffalo router it was was also brand new but been sitting in the box a few years.. Appears to me netgear had a problem with that particular router

Edited by road-runner

I gave it one more try hooked the netgear back up speeds back down to around 80m still showing 100m on the WAN post... I saw where one guy put a gigabit switch between the modem and router he was some some chips just dont place nicely together.. Not sure why the buffalo only seems to get around 130 to 140m when it will do over 200m without a router. I ordered a new router...

Edited by road-runner