someone tried to hack my Steam

cjloki

i was notified by Steam today that someone or something tried to access my steam account with an ip addy from Minsk Belarus. So as usual when this sort of thing happens, i am spending my free time re-writing all of my web passwords and making them work harder for it,...

...so if you happen to be a steam player, be on the lookout for trouble and be aware...

prepare for the worst !

I got a notification in my e-mail the other day about thanking me for my Steam Gift Card purchase. How many "clues" can you spot that this looks scammy?

Hahaha, that's bad. Sadly, many would still click the link and sign in. :(

I got a notification in my e-mail the other day about thanking me for my Steam Gift Card purchase. How many "clues" can you spot that this looks scammy?

This is actually something so beautiful I would print it out and mount it on my wall

Two badly constructed sentences... Not sure what they are trying to say.
Signed by "Our company".
Sent from paVpalupates.com...with a V instead of a Y.
What else did I miss?

Oh and the gif is a picture of a physical steam gift card, instead of standard steam gift picture. You can actually see the punch hole it was hanging from...

As suggested, turn on Steam Guard.

Doesn't everybody use Steam guard? I remember it kept nagging me until I enabled it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Hahaha, that's bad. Sadly, many would still click the link and sign in. :(

Not me.... My inner grammar Nazi went berserk trying to read that. lol

I knew it was scamtastic immediately...

Looks legit :thumbsup:

:pfp::mfp::nono::wallbash:  :doh:  :yucky::sick:

I never understand why they don't try to pass it through a word processor, maybe have someone fluent proof read it?

Regards,

Our Company.

i was notified by Steam today that someone or something tried to access my steam account with an ip addy from Minsk Belarus. So as usual when this sort of thing happens, i am spending my free time re-writing all of my web passwords and making them work harder for it,...

...so if you happen to be a steam player, be on the lookout for trouble and be aware...

prepare for the worst !

There are a lot of hackers and the like in Belarus. Could be you are one of the victims in the many hacked databases and they used that info at steam, or you might have some malware, a trojan, or some other bad stuff on your end...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_data_breaches

That is just a partial list, many others have been hacked too..

• 1 month later...