Moding an old Freezer 7 Pro LGA775 to AM2+ Socket.

DarkCowMoo

Hey fellas,

When I bought my Freezer 7 Pro rev1, you had to choose between AMD socket and Intel socket. I bought an Intel socket (LGA775). Now since than the cooler has been sitting in the closet and I was wondering if it's possible to modify it to AM2+ socket as my current build is AM2+ socket with stock cooler (1090T is generating a rather high amount of heat).

Just to be clear, this is the one I have. 

ac-freezer7pro-large.jpg

I hope the picture becomes smaller as I have not idea how to minimize it.

Thanks for the help!

You will need the AMD hook latches and screws that come with Rev .2,.. contact support https://www.arctic.ac/us_en/rma/  they may let you RMA your old cooler and send you newer version Rev .2,.. or you can buy hook latches and try modding.

attachicon.gifScreenHunter_04 Dec. 11 04.39.jpg

Hey, I saw your respond yesterday but am only able to post once per day.

I sent and message to RMA as you said, unfortunately they said rev1 fro LGA775 cannot be modified to AM2+.

Thanks for the respond. 

Your better off buying a new AM2+ cooler anyways,.. I remember trying not to slip and put the screwdriver through the motherboard on old AMD boards while installing the cooler, would be interesting trying to mod the bracket and get the right amount tension.   ;)  

Your better off buying a new AM2+ cooler anyways,.. I remember trying not to slip and put the screwdriver through the motherboard on old AMD boards while installing the cooler, would be interesting trying to mod the bracket and get the right amount tension.   ;)  

Hehe, I guess. I don't want to invest more money in this build and I had a lying 7Pro so I though maybe something could be done.

Thanks for the assistance anyway :)