Hello all..

IVIYTH0S

...it's been awhile since I've popped in and said hello!

I've lurked here and there but my new job has kept me busy so I haven't been on and posting in months.

I'll probably open a thread or two about POSSIBLY getting a new video card and POSSIBLY upgrading my HTPC...it'd be better if you all just talk me out of it truthfully since both of my machines serve their functions just fine. I'd be merely upgrading my video card out of saltiness. (970-->1060 or 1070)

For my HTPC I may just end up replacing my wireless mouse/keyboard for the time being since the rest is honestly been fine and I'm just looking for things to spend money on but SO FAR have been able to contain myself because I'm hard to let go of things that still work well :lol:

Was wondering what became of you, good to have you back. Yup, work can really change a person's lifestyle. As far as your video card upgrade I installed a 1060 for a friend today, great card but not really worth the upgrade from your 970, pretty well the same performance. Now maybe the 1070 might be worth it ?

Who are you again? :P

Who indeed?! :O

Was wondering what became of you, good to have you back. Yup, work can really change a person's lifestyle. As far as your video card upgrade I installed a 1060 for a friend today, great card but not really worth the upgrade from your 970, pretty well the same performance. Now maybe the 1070 might be worth it ?

Thanks!

Yeah I was just hoping to upgrade before the 970 lost too much value as more and more people learn how gimped it is. It's still a great card and I am not playing anything yet to give it trouble but the 1060s look amazing and naturally the 1070s do as well. I probably will just stick with my card until something actually pushes it TBH.

I haven't been following the new releases, but really a 970 to a 1060?  In previous releases wouldn't that be pretty much an even swap?

My 970 is still doing good too, I've been able to resist the upgrade urges.  I hope to hold out for the 1180 or something like that in the future and re-purpose this 970 to my work pc.  

I haven't been following the new releases, but really a 970 to a 1060?  In previous releases wouldn't that be pretty much an even swap?

My 970 is still doing good too, I've been able to resist the upgrade urges.  I hope to hold out for the 1180 or something like that in the future and re-purpose this 970 to my work pc.  

I'm holding off on upgrading too.  From what I've read the performance increase isn't very impressive even for me with 780s.

Thanks for helping me rethink the silliness that would be "upgrading", the 1060 is a little better for most games but I haven't honestly had any slowdowns with this card, even at 2560x1600 for what I've played thus far...

Random note, I just bought DmC by mistake for the second time, which I have no idea how that happened. I feel like a moron :lol:

Edited by IVIYTH0S