Win 7 with USB 3.0

olokul

Ok im just giving up, throwing in my man/IT card.

I have spent the good portion of the day trying to make a bootable usb drive with windows 7 pro 64 bit with usb 3.0 driver.

I bought an intel nuc computer but it only has usb 3.0 ports on it.  As soon as i get into the windows install i no longer have keyboard and mouse.  Ive read tons of internet pages, watched numerus youtube videos and download countless programs.  but i cant get the 3.0 driver to install.

If anyone has a iso or has the know how to do this for me i would forever be in the debt.  I also have an ftp link you can upload it to that i can pm you with.

Nothing that would let me downgrade the 3.0 to a standard usb port.   I think its intels way of making you move to windows 10, which i finally broke down and just installed win 10 on the damn thing.     This was the first time using 10, my laptop had 8 on it for 5min till i installed start 8 on it to make it act like win7.   Poked around for about 30min trying to figure out how to add it to the domain, ended up googling it.  Spent another 20min trying to find the mapped drives that load with the logon.bat file when you sign in, once again had to google for that.   

Installed our ERP system, couldnt find an icon to open it :angry:..... next google " how to make windows 10 act like 7" first web page classic start.     If i have a hard time trying to navigate round win10 then i know half the people i work with will never get it, hell they have a hard enough time with windows 7 still.

Suggestion.......

I do not know the age of your motherboard, but, many MBs prior to 2013 will only boot from a USB 3.0 memory stick.

And, a USB 20 stick will plug into a 3.0 port.

So, use a USB 2.0 mem stick to create your boot..

Worth a try.

tried a 8gb PNY 2.0 drive and a 128GB samsung 3.0 drive.   Both of them will load to first part of windows and then there is no usb support, its like all usb ports die, no lights on ether the KB/mouse.

Its intles new nuc https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XPVRR5M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and there are a lot of people not happy on the forum pages about this.

tried a 8gb PNY 2.0 drive and a 128GB samsung 3.0 drive.   Both of them will load to first part of windows and then there is no usb support, its like all usb ports die, no lights on ether the KB/mouse.

Its intles new nuc https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XPVRR5M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and there are a lot of people not happy on the forum pages about this.

What you are describing is a MB Bios issue. I know, sounds crazy. I have a client with an older MB and if you try to boot from a USB 3.0 stick, the whole computer freezes. Have you tried a keyboard and mouse that use a PS2 connection?

On older mb's the usb3 will not work and it won't recognize a usb3 device until after you load windows and then install the usb3 driver and there is nothing you can do about it, and if the mb dosen't have a ps2 port you have to use a usb2 port or load windows the old way from a dvd drive.

Ok lets go back up to post 3....... The NUC has 4 usb 3.0, 1 vga, 1 hdmi, 1 ethernet, 1 headphone jack and that is it.    There is no legacy PS2 ports and a usb 2.0 stick will not work.    The little f-er whats to see an OS with USB 3.0 drivers in it.   So windows 8, 8.1 or 10 you can use windows 7 but you have to inject the 3.0 drivers into the windows install first.