PC lights blinking. Fried mobo?

Tested PSU, runs fine. Plugged in only 24 pin Mobo power wire, all lights blink and won't boot.

PC was running fine til I shut down and took out GPU to check something.

I of course tried testing with no GPU, still blinks.

So I am assuming that since no other parts are plugged in, it's safe to assume I fried my Mobo?

Sorry for the short topic, in a hurry to get to the store before they close.

Thanks.

What motherboard is it? Plugged in more than just the 24-pin power cable? What did you do when shutting it down and removing the GPU? Any shorts somewhere? How old and what model is the PSU? Did you try the PSU in another system? Have another PSU to test in your rig?

Did you pull out the memory sticks to reset them ? There are a lot of things that will stop a mb from posting , so don't jump to a conclusion too quickly, also did you reset the cmos or pull the battery ?

Edited by SpikeSoprano

Did you pull out the memory sticks to reset them ? There are a lot of things that will stop a mb from posting , so don't jump to a conclusion too quickly, also did you reset the cmos or pull the battery ?

+1 , But I have seen just about everything to could happen, happen, But I would start with a list and work my way through it. The amount of times I had a motherboard not start after pulling something out is like 100+ now. Start with what you know. Everything worked before so you can eliminate a few things.

If no lights are present on the motherboard. Because usually like a standby light is on or something indicating power. Than again not all of them have this.

Semi not in order list

1: Check Power jump PSU, or a power light indicator.

2: Check power cables to MB. 24PIN, 8PIN, 4PIN, etc

2: If your motherboard has a power button the board itself, try it out

3: If not check the wires to make sure the IO cables aren't pulled out (very common)

4: Check for a short, like a dropped screw floating around

5: Reseat the ram

6: Reset the CMOS

7: Ask OCC for help!