See What Hardware You Need to Run Sid Meier's Civilization VI

bp9801

news40476_1-civilization_vi_system_requi

We draw closer to October and the impending release of Sid Meier's Civilization VI. The latest entry in the long-running series looks to change up the formula some to how the cities and game look, as well as introduce plenty of new features that might require some getting used to, some of which you can see in the video below. It's a pretty sweet look at the combat and how city growth works, so do give it a look! Luckily, Civilization games tend to last a while, giving us all plenty of time to experience and understand everything. And by a while, I mean you can easily lose track of the days while playing a game, especially if you're on marathon mode. Don't say I didn't warn you! One thing that we can experience now are the system requirements for Civilization VI, with many systems capable of running it without issue. It does require a 64-bit operating system, which is a definite plus and if you aren't running a 64-bit OS, now's the time to switch.

Minimum

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i3 2.5 GHz or AMD Phenom II 2.6 GHz or greater
MEMORY: 4 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: 12 GB or more
DVD-ROM: Required for disc-based installation
VIDEO CARD: 1 GB DirectX 11 Video Card (AMD 5570 or NVIDIA 450) 

Recommended

PROCESSOR: Fourth generation Intel Core i5 2.5 GHz or AMD FX8350 4.0 GHz or greater
MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: 12 GB or more
DVD-ROM: Required for disc-based installation
VIDEO CARD: 2 GB DirectX 11 Video Card (AMD 7970 or NVIDIA 770 or greater)

Like I said, nothing here that many systems don't already have. The Civilization games have always been capable of running on a range of hardware, with Civilization VI continuing that trend. The game does make use of Steam, so even if you get a disc copy, you're going to need to use the Steam client for launching the game. It just means you won't need to keep that disc around after you've installed it.

Sid Meier's Civilization VI arrives on October 21 exclusively for the PC.

Source: Steam Community News

Back to original news post