Need monitor for work and play

ivangela

Thankfully that decision is made for me...too rich for my blood.

I thought TN panels were less desirable than IPS, anyway. Is a 60Hz refresh rate rally that undesirable? I've never been one to notice subtle changes.

If you do a lot of gaming and can run games to take advantage of the refresh rate, there are plenty who swear by the higher Hz panels. One at 60Hz is fine for many, but I wouldn't go back to a TN panel just for the higher refresh rate. I like my wide viewing angles and better colors that IPS offers. You can get ones with high refresh rate, too, not as high as a TN panel, but eh, still like IPS more.

Thankfully that decision is made for me...too rich for my blood.

I thought TN panels were less desirable than IPS, anyway. Is a 60Hz refresh rate rally that undesirable? I've never been one to notice subtle changes.

Only joking on the 165Hz panel,.. :D    

The TN panel is best used for competitive games, fast response time,..  you want IPS for crisp detailed colors and high resolutions, daily use or working on. 

Edited by Braegnok

• 1 month later...

Thank y'all for the input.

Sadly as the primary reason for this monitor was my wife's new job, I got out voted and she bought some gimmicky Samsung curved job with 1080p, washed out colors, and no real inputs. Oh well, she's happy with it. I'll buy what I want when the time comes, lol

You can tweak the settings of the monitor and in the 3d settings control panel for whatever GPU or iGPU she has.  Rule of thumb with most monitors is to initially lower the brightness A LOT.  The Dell S2716DG comes very washed out but after some tweaking it looks GORGEOUS.

You can tweak the settings of the monitor and in the 3d settings control panel for whatever GPU or iGPU she has.  Rule of thumb with most monitors is to initially lower the brightness A LOT.  The Dell S2716DG comes very washed out but after some tweaking it looks GORGEOUS.

Thanks for the advice.