Monitors with scratches

alyusha

Hey guys,

I have been shopping around for a while now for some new monitor(s) and I think I have decided on the Asus VG248QE or the  Acer GN246HL. I am more inclined towards the Asus because of the Displayport support and the rotation. All in all, I think price is what dictates this the most. I figure the Asus goes for $250 brand new, and the Acer is $200 brand new. While I can get the Asus refurbished for $200, so IMO, there is no question. 

Firstly, what is your recommendation between the two?

Secondly, I found the Asus one for $80. Used. and attached is the photo of the damage to it. My question is, do you think this will be horribly noticeable? Do you think it would bother you? Or do you think you could look past it for the fact that its only $80?

I will end up having dual panels, so this could be my secondary, but for now it would be my main.

Thanks!

a42bmq.jpg

I'm sure I could live with it as my secondary (currently my secondary is an older 1080p that occasionally flickers yellow with the grand method of fixing it being hitting it) As you main it might not even be that bad, I had an old 17" LCD with a couple scuffs that didn't look too different than some of those that looked bad off, but on was hardly noticeable.