Battlefield 1

InCrYsIs

I didn't see a thread so here it is. I got my beta key last night and played for a few hours. I think this is going to be pretty fun. Riding a horse in mayhem while shooting at people was pretty amazing. It is graphically beautiful as it looks like Battlefront.

So some specs:
I7 3770k
16GB RAM
512SSD
980 FTW
Ultra settings, DX12 ON, 2560x1440 144hz on 27" ASUS ROG Swift.......70fps solid.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/30/battlefield-1-beta-codes-being-sent-now

Edited by InCrYsIs

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sniping sure is fun in BF1

Having lots of crashing issues though. Reinstalled drivers seems to be helping. I'm running without my graphics card overclocked as that may have been causing some crashes. Time will tell.

Edited by feetfats

I played one round and got rather pissed off with it earlier. The designers for some STUPID reason made 42% resolution scale = 100% in reality, except it looked off to me, used the render.DrawScreenInfo (I think that's right) and it was rendering just under 4K, changed it to 43% and it was just over 4K. So in short, I can't currently play the game rendered at native resolution. Thankfully 43% pretty much looks correct.  

I also didn't think the map choice really seems that great, here's a desert, good luck using a close range weapon and moving between points.  Granted that was with literally ONE round of play so not my final opinion I'm sure.

EDIT: played several more rounds with friends, MAYBE it's a good game...but I KNOW I hate this map.

Edited by cchalogamer

Fun game, great sound effects. The Rush 12 vs 12 is nice touch,.. if your running GeForce card you want to download new 372.70 driver for optimal experience. http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/107012?ClickID=aorzwst9vzrwktz9nzww9rayw9ko5tvvnsks&ClickID=atwtpww5rayss0ztrlray9kt5arnprwv5sks

42% resolution scale is native,.. their are a few performance problems and other issues that are being addressed on Battlefield 1 forms for potential fixes visit site :   https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/

42% resolution scale is native

Nope, at least not for 4K, Note the 3832x2155 internal resolution, the scaling in game at those settings makes it look like a 5 yr old game with no AA running 1080p for me.  43% for me is 3859x2171 and at least scaling that back down to 3840x2160 looks fine.

wclIazQ.jpg

Of course, none of that matters as most of today I was unable to even sign into Origin and now all I'm greeted with when I launch the game is this.  No it doesn't connect.

XovSGNh.jpg

Hopefully a patch will fix the 4K internal render issue,.. that's strange 42% is rendering internal @ native when running 1440P.    :unsure:

The servers are suffering with a DDos attack, the same is also happening on the Blizzard servers. http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Battlefield-1-2016-Spiel-54981/News/Beta-Server-down-Verbindungsabbrueche-DDOS-1206368/

Edited by Braegnok

The beta seems enjoyable for the most part. I like the direction of moving Battlelog back into the physical game menus, it still needs some work but appreciated. I hope they still keep the website alternate, because I loved having the server map full-screen on my second monitor.

The tanks seem quite powerful, but hopefully that changes once we get access to more AT weapons. I absolutely love the field gun and the monster armored train.

A lot of things still broken like climbing on rocks, laggy ESC menu, automatically re-entering vehicles if you hold down E for as little as 1-2 seconds when exiting, and etc. Makes me appreciate Overwatch for having such a good beta/launch.