Why is my text so hard to read?

Assassin X

Not sure where to post this. Now that I have new computer the text seems, "skinny" or something. Heres a screenshot of what it looks like now. It seems not only skinny but like it has a white glow almost (maybe from it being skinny?). Could it be because the resolution is 1920x1080? I tried the Clear Text option in Win 7 but didn't really do much. I've tried lowering the resolution but everything just seems blurry. I also tried the text enlarger option but it makes everything looks weird. Same with the custom text DPI. 

I'm guessing maybe its also because a newer video card forces it to only look good at high resolutions. 

post-17224-0-88401300-1472175527_thumb.jpg

Edited by Assassin X

Yeah sorry about the pic. Thought it would show it right. I tried the cleartype so the letters were thick and almost bold looking.  It doesn't seem to have changed them really. I switched back to 1600x900 resolution (even though it looked blurry) and the text seemed fine then. Must be a resolution thing that makes them feel skinnier or something. Can you actually change the font Windows uses or will that lead to other issues? 

Here are two better full screen shots. In the first screenshot I just noticed every time I go to the ClearType I always select the bottom right box. When I go do it again it remarks that box shown in the window. Its like it won't apply the new options I picked. 

In the second picture as you can see alot of the text seems really stretched out and skinny. Even in alot of Windows stuff. Maybe thats related to the ClearType not applying anything like it should. Maybe theres a regedit way to force it to choose what I pick? BTW its still hard to see what I mean in the screenshot with the arrow. 

post-17224-0-26955400-1472183833_thumb.jpg

post-17224-0-12816800-1472183834_thumb.jpg

Edited by Assassin X

Look at your screenshots on another monitor.  They look fine to me.  What monitor are you using?  I suppose the monitor, cable or graphics card could be the issue.  Seriously though look at your screenshots on another monitor.

After seeing the response to the other topic it may be the monitor. Its the only thing left from the old PC. Its at least 10 years old, LCD.

If you've been running non-native resolutions, any monitor is going to look funny at native rez...

Plus an LCD from 10 years ago is (to put it bluntly) complete trash. Especially if it was a bundled deal with a generic HP build. To buy everything that you have for this new build and use such an old monitor is silly (unless it's a CRT ;) ). You could find a 1080p 144hz 24" screen for around 150-200$ with the right deal.

Edited by xenkw0n