GTX 1070 fan is always at 0%

N.E.A

I want to know when the fan starts spinning because mine seems to never spin according to GPU-Z. Temps get as high as 43 degrees Celsius and they never spin. What is the starting point at which the fans should start spinning? 

For reference, its a EVGA GTX 1070 SC

With fans set in Auto, with most newer cards the fans will spin up in reverse a few seconds at pc start-up to clean out dust,.. then will start spinning-up when the GPU temperature hits 55C,  they will continue to increase in speed in a linear fashion as load/temps increase.

Edited by Braegnok

As mentioned above, nearly all new GPUs with non reference cooler will idle with the fans off by default.  The temperature where the fans turn on varies greatly (my 1080 started up around 48C out of the box) and can be adjusted with something like EVGA PercisionX/MSI Afterburner if you would rather it never turn off the fans or start them at a lower temperature. 

Side note, 43C in GPU terms isn't high at all, Pascal isn't as heat friendly as some older GPUs, but still doesn't start dialing back boost clock until 82C-ish and wont drop below rated clock speed until you go well over that, something that the ACX cooler should keep you away from easily. (Last I checked no SC card with a blower cooler like the GTX 980 from EVGA)

Edited by cchalogamer