[Wanted] 2x2GB 1066 DDR2 Sticks

IVIYTH0S

This is likely an impossible request, but does anyone have any sticks of 1066MHz DDR2 2GB sticks they'd be willing to give away or sell cheap? My friend is trying to squeeze all he can out of his C2D setup (I'm surprised how relevant it still is all things considered). We're probably gonna throw a $20 C2Q in it and then more memory if we can so he can smooth out GTA5, which works perfectly in any lesser populated areas but has noticeable RAM swapping chop in the city.

I've got a 2x2gb kit of Mushkin DDR2 800, if nobody else comes along.

I'm sure if you put some good heat spreaders on it (they came naked) you could probably push it past 1066, and at the very least match whatever you're currently using.

They're left over from when I bought an 8GB kit from someone on here for my Q6600 setup. I've got them right here next to me lol.

I believe that I have 2x2GB DDR2 at my home, but I'll have to check to make sure. If it is, I think it might be 667 or 800, so not quite what you need, but they do have heat spreaders on them.

Anyhow, I'll try to post back here and let you know once I make it home.

Thanks guys, my friend was able to stabilize two 1 GB sticks which nets him 6GB total but I'll see if he'll go for the extra 2GB sticks so that he can round out at 8GB.

Edited by IVIYTH0S