How about that top 20

NCC10281982B

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OCC needs to have a folding contest to get it going again. Anyone that is folding during the month of said contest is entered.

Just a thought.

Yea Dave used to have one sometimes but its been a long time..

• 3 weeks later...

Both my folding systems are running WCG. FaH doesnt give much for cpu folding and fried all my spare gpu's except for the really old ones that either wont fold or not worth the trouble (gtx285's and gt7300's) I do still have a gtx580 setting around (that system is currently down for a rebuild, water blocks all clogged up and I'm moving that system to a smaller case, I just used it as a file server anyway and am thinking on just parting it out)

Oh and I'm not going to fold on my gtx980ti.. lost my gtx980sc that I had folding for a while...

Edited by Hyper

After the BS responses I got when people were having folding trouble in the early Maxwell days (750 TI) I decided it wasn't worth my effort anymore and literally stopped. Combine that with buying a house and generally adulting and I haven't wanted to spend the extra $$ on power anymore (actually one of the reasons I could afford grabbing the GTX 1080)

Now the funny part of all that is apparently I still have SOMETHING happily folding somewhere to still be in the top 10 daily producers...I just have no clue what or where.

After the BS responses I got when people were having folding trouble in the early Maxwell days (750 TI) I decided it wasn't worth my effort anymore and literally stopped. Combine that with buying a house and generally adulting and I haven't wanted to spend the extra $$ on power anymore (actually one of the reasons I could afford grabbing the GTX 1080)

Now the funny part of all that is apparently I still have SOMETHING happily folding somewhere to still be in the top 10 daily producers...I just have no clue what or where.

Could be a system you sold someone :)

Could be a system you sold someone :)

I did point it out to people as an option back in the day, but very few ever did under my username, the only PC I thought it could be was my mother-in-laws but it screwed itself over in one of those windows 10 upgrades while you were away and corrupted itself bad and needed an OS reimage back in June. I highly doubt I took the time to reinstall F@H on it. Similar story for my own mother that killed her old PC a few months before that.  

Teams been pretty much dead for awhile

Yeah I noticed but I'll keep my contribution going, small as it is, for the foreseeable future.

Need to get a hold of some of those gtx 10** or 980s from reviews..