Looking for a notebook

F13Bubba

I'm getting quite a lot back from grants this school year, so I want to get me a laptop. I won't be doing anything too heavy on it, maybe some light audio recording. I would like an ultrabook for the weight, as I'd be hauling it around at school. However, they are pricey. I don't want to spend more than $1k. I'm leaning toward an XPS13, or a Blade Stealth, but I'm definitely open to suggestions. Any advice is welcomed!

Do you want it more gaming focused or just something fairly powerful that can do gaming if need be?

Either way, I'd take a look at Sager to see what you can get through there. Have more customizations than either Dell or Razer, and are just no nonsense laptops that would do the trick.

As much as I love Sager I would have to look more at the XPS13 and the Blade for this. Sager (Well Clevo really) makes damn good stuff with upgrade options and features but even their "small" laptops don't say "ultrabook" like the others, but then again swapping out the SSD/adding a HDD/more ram they do. So different value from each device line.  

Are there any other features you want to have than just it being light? Like touchscreen, certain screen size, screen resolution, USB 3.0, USB Type-C connectors, Thunderbolt connectors, and you get the idea.

For me when I was looking to get a new laptop I wanted a touchscreen just because the one before had one (I still don't use it much, but didn't want to lose the feature anyway) and a comfortable keyboard for me. Just went to a nearby store and felt the keyboards of several laptops, liked the feel of a Lenovo best, so I got myself the Yoga 2 Pro. Been very happy with it. I wanted something I could easily take with me and can write comfortably on, and it does the job very well.

Are there any other features you want to have than just it being light? Like touchscreen, certain screen size, screen resolution, USB 3.0, USB Type-C connectors, Thunderbolt connectors, and you get the idea.

For me when I was looking to get a new laptop I wanted a touchscreen just because the one before had one (I still don't use it much, but didn't want to lose the feature anyway) and a comfortable keyboard for me. Just went to a nearby store and felt the keyboards of several laptops, liked the feel of a Lenovo best, so I got myself the Yoga 2 Pro. Been very happy with it. I wanted something I could easily take with me and can write comfortably on, and it does the job very well.

Nothing too particular. I would like a usbc, 8 gigs ram. I don't really care about touchscreen or QHD. I do want to go play with some options at a store to get a feel for things. I just think so far for price-performance that the 13 and the stealth are pretty close in comparison. The new Yoga looks sick, but it's a little rich for my blood.