GTX 1070 on a Sandy Bridge system, it works well :D

N.E.A

Hey all, 

I just got the card today and I installed it in my 2011 system :D I believe it is not bottle necking the card in anyway except perhaps the interface is PCI-E 2.0 instead of 3.0. Overall gaming performance should improve even further when I upgrade my SSDs but so far, the system works. I've been playing Crysis (2007) everything maxed out at 1650x1050 which is the max resolution in the game's settings and it runs so smooth. 

I want to play other games to give an idea how it runs and also play the game itself :D 

So, what do you recommend I should start with?

Also, do you want me to record FPS using fraps, or do you have a better option since fraps adds a hit on performance?

I'm running PCIE 2.0 also with a 1070. I was half expecting to hit the bandwidth limit but it scores the same as benchmarks with a PCIE 3.0 slot for 1440p and 4k. Now I think PCIE 2.0 8x might be past the limit.

I would think with that i5 2400 you would be held back. in some games.

Well I will be considering an upgrade when next architecture of CPUs comes out. Then we might get new interfaces for storage to enhance SSD performance or at least cause the price of DDR4 to drop. 

In that build, I'm aiming at a 32 GB RAM system but that's another thread. 

What do you use for recording frame rates?

Guys, the card is a monster :D even on a 5 year old system like mine. No matter what game I throw at it, it devours it. The only thing hindering the experience, is that I need to have V-Sync always on with all games otherwise I get at least 3 to 5 screen tears. Hopefully G-Sync monitors get cheaper within the next year or so. 

My Titan X never feels held back by my SB CPU...and I game at 4K!  It's surprising how little CPU performance really matters in the majority of games.