Got a New Mobo and PCU but problem to hook up MoBo to PCU

Aloha from Honolulu, Hawaii Folks, few months time away been busy too.

Well I got  NEW MOBO and PCU from a friend. It works and he got a Big Boy now so he gave me his old one.

( The MoBo is a good working  ... MSI 970A-G43  / AM3+ / AMD 970 + SB850 SATA / USB 3.0 / ATX / AMD Mother Board )

It was a working and good Board but he got a Big Boy now a Gigabyte .

OK,  I have this ....Corsair TX850W .... in a box here and went to install it in my case here which is a .....

Thermaltake HIGH LEVEL GT10  .... I un-expectedly got for free from another friend also.

He was transferring to California with the Army so he was not taking it with him he said.

Almost brand new about maybe .... 4 months old complete Black case.

I just needed to find out is there a .... ( ADAPTER to use to PLUG IN ) ... too the MoBo to get it to power

from the 850 PSU harness ?

I usually just plug the ... 4 -  Prong Connectors for most .... PCU's.

This PCU has about ....6 Pcie harness wires on it.

I was wondering what one would I use to get the MoBo powered ?

Can some one reply back on this please and it is very much appreciated.

Aloha and thanks for looking into this.

Louis / aka  LongBike

post-142530-0-98819000-1467436585_thumb.jpg

post-142530-0-10327100-1467436635_thumb.png

post-142530-0-47735600-1467436689_thumb.jpg

Hey there, that mb has an 8 pin cpu plug,your power supply should have a 8 pin plug with black and yellow wires on it, the 6 pin connectors are usually for the video cards, use the 8 pin from the power supply , it only goes on one way if you look at the clip.

post-76524-0-55771500-1467440017_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpikeSoprano
  • Like 1

Aloha SpikeSoprano,

Hey thanks for the reply back and the source also.

Just to make sure of this ...OK ?

So I would use :

EPS / ATX / 12v  / 8-4 pin cable ..... and fit it in to the ... 4 plug on the MoBo for power to it ?

I that right ?

Note:   I will check it out tomorrow when I fit the rest of the stuff in to the case.

Case was free so I am using it. It is in excellent shape only had a  ... Dead Gigabyte MoBo ... in it

Hey,  for free can not complain right ?

LongBike

Edited by LongBike

Aloha Again     Spike Soprano

OK double checked it again, I found the harness Plug and it fits good.

Thats the one on the PSU I have here. Well hopefully the Mo Bo works great for me like it was doing for him.

It has a ... AMD  FX 6300 on it right now so it should do good.     

Aset of  .... 8 GB -  PNY's  in it also so that should be OK to use for now.

Hey thanks again. I really appreciate yur time spent on this.

Thanks Spike,

Louis   / LongBike

Aloha Spike Soprano,

Well it is all set up and later will check it out again to make sure every things is set to go.

On the case it needed a new FronT face Cover Completely so I ordered a new one, the old one

was cracked in two places. I ordered another .... MSI 970A MoBo for a back up just to have a spare.

I like being cautious also two make one more P.C.

I stll have my all Original ... 2000 Alienware case here and a Original Dragon in the original box too

I bought them years ago and in the garage now.

But I think they would be to small for this Build because of the small fans in it. But they can be Modded right.

I bought both for ...$15.00 Bucks from a friend here but it needed a new paint job so I re-did it.

I'll post when it is completed, maybe a few days from now who knows ......hahaha.

Aloha Spike and thanks for all the help again I really appreciate it too.

Longbike

post-142530-0-64134800-1467516705_thumb.jpg

post-142530-0-74312100-1467517243_thumb.jpg

Edited by LongBike

Aloha , Thanks for your reply ,

Yes I have them but these old cases are a little to narrow for big builds now. But I am going to put a Mobo in the ...... Alien I have here

just to make it run again. The Dragon ...... was all scratched up and terrible so I gave it a ...Nice Burgundy / Silver paint Job and some

extra air brush detailing and it turned out great it still has the old MOBO / PSU in it too but useless now days. I have all the parts to them also in a box

also. To bad they were so narrow in having space in them. One of my friends really like the Alien but I gave him a HAF Full Tower

I had here missing some front parts because he is going to do some cutting and modding also and I have to do the work for him to fix it.

I had some cases laying around because I have a friend here that owns a shop and he gets so many he just toss's them out so I got a couple of them 

for free.

Aloha and thanks for the reply and happy Gaming.

LongBike

• 2 weeks later...

Aloha ,

Well continuing on with my new Build.

Got this done so far :

Case Thermaltake GT10, MoBo MSI 970A / 8 - GB PNY for now / Corsair TX850W  PCU.

post-142530-0-93018800-1468741872_thumb.jpg  post-142530-0-59900800-1468741892_thumb.jpgpost-142530-0-19977600-1468741916_thumb.jpg 

Replacement Trays coming in and Front Case cover had none when I got it and for free.

Awaiting CPU AMD FX 6300 and Video Card to choose yet. Have to find out which video card will be sufficient for use now.

Not going big bucks to it but suitable for good uses. I don't Game or know how too Game so just computer use be just fine.

Not a big bucks build but to last quite long for use.

Aloha Longbike

post-142530-0-71652300-1468742060_thumb.jpg

Edited by LongBike