BioShock: The Collection Announced and Coming September 13

Guest_Jim_*

news40303_1-bioshock_the_collection_anno

After seeing some rumors recently, it is finally official that the BioShock franchise is being remastered as BioShock: The Collection. The original BioShock took us to the underwater Rapture nine years ago, we returned four later in BioShock 2, and then we came to the airborne city of Columbia in BioShock Infinite three years ago. Now in just a bit more than two months, we can return to them all on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 for $59.99.

As you would hope for such a collection, it will include all single player DLC for the games (BioShock 2's multiplayer is not included). It also includes the "Director's Commentary: Imagining BioShock", a never-before-seen video series.

It is likely worth noting that on the PC only BioShock and BioShock 2 are being remastered, because the new BioShock Infinite already satisfies the visual and performance standards of current-gen consoles. Both of the older titles are seeing their assets reskinned and retextured. Personally, I hope the control scheme for BioShock is updated as well, because that was one issue I had with the game when I did the Years-Later review of it.

Source: 2K Games

news40303_2-bioshock_the_collection_annonews40303_3-bioshock_the_collection_annonews40303_17802-bioshock_the_collection_news40303_17803-bioshock_the_collection_news40303_17804-bioshock_the_collection_news40303_17805-bioshock_the_collection_news40303_17806-bioshock_the_collection_news40303_17807-bioshock_the_collection_

Back to original news post

I wonder if they will offer a discount to people who already own all 3 Bioshock games, kind of like they did with the Metro Redux.

I wondered that too and while it is not said in the source I had when I wrote the item, what was posted on Steam says:

And if you already own BioShock, BioShock 2, and/or Minerva