Anyone here got his hands on a GTX 1070?

N.E.A

I as well as many others are looking to get our hands on GTX 1070. So I want to get some feedback from those who got it whether its a FE or Non FE card. I am waiting for stock on Amazon since I don't prefer the idea of pre order and having to wait. Even though I asked them and they said they wont charge me till it gets shipped and I can cancel the pre-order anytime I want as long as its not shipped. 

On reddit, some say that their FE cards are working fine contrary to what some 1080 FE owners experienced with throttling and all that kind of stuff. Also some saw the throttling issues gone with the new drivers.

Does anyone here have something on this matter to say?

Throttling is mainly due to thermal concerns on these cards. Keep the thermals in check and clock speeds are fine. Clock speeds will stay higher than that advertised boost clock speeds until the thermal load ramps up. Once that happens you will get to the advertised GPU Boost 3.0 clock speeds. 

not to hj the therad but ccokeman i got $400 to burn 480cf or 1070 ??????

the 1070 is 35% faster then a single 480 but at twice the price

but 480cf is 25% at the same price........

Edited by jdm_freek

Are the 480's even on the market yet ? It wouldn't be the first card to not live up to marketing hype !

i was lucky enough to sell my gtx 970 3.5gb for $270 both 1070 and 1080 are grossly overpriced even at msrp

realistically they should be $349/$549 but with no completion team is free to do as they feel... 

and we already know whats going to happen the 490 or what ever they call it will come out sometime next month and it will perform in between the 1070/1080 for $459 

and then nvidia will release the 1080 ti which will be 20% than the 1080...... spoiler alert.......

sorry im GPU jaded 

Realistically the cards will be priced at what someone is willing to purchase them for.  I think that GTX TitanX performance for a $400 price point is not that bad. The 480 is a card that is targeted at a very specific price point since that is where the majority of purchasers are spending their cash. If they have ironed out the crossfire bugs then 480 Xfire should be interesting to say the least.

if i sell someone a gtx 280 for $300 because they are willing pay it that makes a crook lol

so what you are telling me is its ok to take advantage of stupid people :wallbash:

and like i said even at msrp they are overpriced

Edited by jdm_freek

if i sell someone a gtx 280 for $300 because they are willing pay it that makes a crook lol

so what you are telling me is its ok to take advantage of stupid people :wallbash:

and like i said even at msrp they are overpriced

Nope it makes you a capitalist :)

Stupid is as stupid does

Overpriced for a 1080p gaming rig sure I will give you that but when it comes to performance you will always pay. 

But back on topic yep I have gotten my hands on a few.

Hopefully Amazon gets stock before the end of July at this rate :D Otherwise I might be tempted to have a look at Polaris. Which means that I might also be getting a FreeSync display seeing how they are much cheaper than G-Sync ones. I also read some news earlier that there are some issues with Pascal again :D. This time its related to the dual link DVI causing boot up issues.