Civilization VI

bp9801

And its no surprise they didnt change Japan's Samurai much... though frankly no reduced damage when injured is one of the least useful abilities, unless they radically changed how much damage an injured unit does. The bonus was like less than 10% SOMETIMES vs. most units which had more than 10% always, or better yet bonuses that simply were more useful like movement, ranged attacks, etc.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait... so both China and Aztec now can burn worker use for production, but the Aztec can do it on "most" tiles and the Chinese only on Wonders? I wonder if its going to be limited or, by mid game, can you amass a horde of workers and just insta-build wonders like a step back to the old civ and supply wagons... as if that was ever a good idea.

I am unimpressed with China in this, fun as a wonder civ is, if their power entirely revolves around getting Wonders and going tall, it is unlikely to work on the harder difficulty modes again (Same as Civ 5).

Aztec on the otherhand seem freaking incredible, since it implies that your combat bonus is not just for your crappy starter warrior units, but rather for all military... and early extra builders is always super powerful in Civ, to the extent that its basically required to cheese capturing city-state workers in Deity in Civ 5 to have a good shot at winning.

I'm starting to sense a theme that most (all?) civs get an advantage on building some or all wonders. Bonus for mid-game wonders? From the Civ 5 perspective that would be pretty weak. The AI almost unilaterally rushes those and they are some of the hardest (and less useful) wonders to get. Alhambra and Chichen Itza specifically are near impossible at high difficulty to snipe away from the AI, and few of those classic/industrial era wonders are anywhere near as important as snagging the Hanging Gardens, Petra, and so on (Sadly Alhambra is among the more powerful ones, but short of rushing it and getting lucky good luck building it on Immortal+, which is all I play on).

Again, until we see a tech tree and a list of what wonders do I am only basing it on Civ 5 and historic Civ effects. For all I know mid game wonders will be game changers :)

Ah there we go, a civ with a reliance on getting a lucky spawn near Jungl... I mean Rainforest. Never been a huge fan of that mechanic.

"Picks Celts. Spawns in a desert with 1 forest tile."

*sigh*

Fun - Scythia on paper appears to be massively powerful compared to the ones we've seen so far. Unless I am missing something... they literally get double production when producing horseman units and can make a ranged cavalry (which means it will rip the AI apart no doubt and can probably capture cities relatively quickly)? That's HUGE... Plus their combat ability is always going to be handy (bonus dmg is always welcome and healing is always op). Its unclear how big an advantage building their unique tile is, but it sounds like its pretty easy to use as farmland is probably still the most common tile improvement option.

Compare that to Brazil where its like "we generate some great people points and if you're lucky enough to have a lot of rainforest tiles you may get to decide to keep some of them for bonuses"...