Need Heatsink better cooling that fits my case

I have a Corsair Carbide Series Case for my i5 and can't seem to find out what cooling (heatsink) I could use that would fit. I have tried to figure out which heat-sink would fit my case and not touch the side window. I don't know if I really want to go water cooling because well it's water and I'm not sure if it would be worth it. I thought about Swiftech because I have heard of so many problems with Corsair. So do any of you know which heat-sink would fit for overclocking? I can go from 3.5-4.5 ghz fine but not with this stock heat-sink. Or should I just stop looking and go with water cooling because it would fit and maybe I wouldn't have problems? Any of you have problems with the loop corsair ext water coolings? It's not just making up my mind it's if I could find a air solution I would use it but I have already purchased a heat pipe setup that would be cool if it had fit...oops! Any ideas would be great!

Ive got two systems running the Corsair closed loop water coolers and have no problems with them at all They have been running for yrs..

When I install this in the case I have two choice above or in front of the case. I have heard that if I install it in the front of the case that the tubes will be at the top and that is not good because of air trapped at the top of the radiator can cause problems. Is this true about air trapping in radiator and should I install it on top of the case?

Thanks all for the information. I believe you are wright about getting water cooling because I can't find an air heat pipe that would fit. But I found out with this case I can only put the 240mm radiator in the front or bottom not the top above the CPU..OUCH! I guess that will have to do.

Edited by PanskiKow

Thanks all for the information. I believe you are wright about getting water cooling because I can't find an air heat pipe that would fit. But I found out with this case I can only put the 240mm radiator in the front or bottom not the top above the CPU..OUCH! I guess that will have to do.

I am gonna wager that means you have the Spec-03, If so then there is a good chance you are not getting it up there. But a little insight on what case you are using would help us determine what is possible. 

But if its what I think it is.

I did see a picture of a carbide spec 03 With a Cooler master Seidon 240 installed, they did claim the Corsair H100 will fit based on that. The issue here is you loose your ability to run anything but lower profile ram. I.E. no additional heatsink material above the top of the rams own board.  something like that... it still may not fit. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233675&cm_re=ddr3_2133-_-20-233-675-_-Product

You also Have to sacrifice the rear fan or run it on the outside of the case if that is possible. Please dont quote me here, I am only saying that because its something I would do, and unless its flat back there its not easily done. 

Yea I looked it up and found Youtube has a video on the case I have in my sig sorry I thought I had said that. "Corsair Carbide Series CC-9011069-WW White Steel / Plastic MicroATX Mid Tower Air 240 High Airflow MicroATX and Mini-ITX PC Case" I was hoping to get away with air cooling if I can find the right measurement of the cpu to case height,  which I should have done my self. This computer was a gift and to overclock it I need something that would work for cooling other than the stock heat sink. Here is a video from Youtube that is worth watching. It shows what I was looking for so thank you all I should have looked sooner. Thanks!

Edited by PanskiKow

I have measured from the back of the case to the window and it is only 5.75 inches, so there is no heat sink on the market that would fit in the case other than stock. The 212 EVO is 6.22 inches and I haven't found anything that would work as good that is shorter than the 212 EVO. Yea water cooling is really going to be the only answer here. Well at least if anyone is asking the same question with the Corsair Carbide Series CC-9011069 they will know you can only use water cooling if your going to overclock i5-4690K 3.5 - 4.5 ghz in this case. Maybe the Noctua NH-U9S 92mm SSO2 U-Type @ 125 mm / 4.92 inches would work but I think it would loss out when overclocked. I hope maybe this would help someone else some day.

Edited by PanskiKow

I think the best option for cooling would be this. so long as it will fit properly. I cannot measure the underhang of the front fans but I can see room beneath the fans, maybe not enough though. Check the cad drawing and see what you can measure out. Its an expensive solution but will be much better then a self contained unit such as an H100i or something similar... The only real advantage to the H100i would be that you would get it fans and all so you can relocate thje factory fan. Good luck, I hope you find a cooling solution that will get you what your looking for.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-xlc-predator-240-all-in-one-liquid-cooler.html

Noctua NH-D9L 92mm is what I would go with for air cooling, with single fan you can run high profile memory modules.  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9PV3Y62123

OCC Noctua NH-D9L Review : http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/noctua_nh_d9l_cpu_cooler/2.htm

Edited by Braegnok