Internet sharing over wireless (maybe)

NBN is rolling out in parts of Australia. When two users are in house there are costs, high or low.

My son, Dan is on the NBN as of now. Each building is only allowed one NBN connection.

I can use a cable to the other end of the house to connect to the NBN in-house part and pay 67 dollars a month.

I can use a wireless PCIE adaptor or a USB wireless dongle to connect to Dan's modem/router. (Share the 80 dollar cost)

The wifi has to pass through 3 walls. About 15 meters in a straight line. (Plaster walls, book case and maybe a bed in the line)

The wifi items are probably cheapest, and are for sharing.

The cable would need an electrician to do a decent job of joining the cable. It could be connected to Dan's modem/router for sharing his 80 dollar cost. (No wifi)

Dan's speedtest: 22.74 mbps = Download. 4.86 mbps = upload. Latency = 1ms. Jitter = 6ms (with NBN)

My speedtest: 8.53 mbps =Download.  0.80 mbps = upload.  Latency = 31ms.  Jitter = 2ms.  With ADSL2+}

There is dual band wireless items. 2.4 and 5.0 GHz bands.

Will I need dual band with what information I have been able write here? (MoBo has no wifi. Will wifi be slower than ADSL2+?)

Will a fifteen to twenty meter cable be as slow as wifi?

I have just seen some adverts for powerline adapters. Do any memebers use these?

Edited by Cespenar

Running cable might be the best bet. Wireless signal over a distance does drop off considerably, but can be boosted with repeaters if the connection isn't strong. No guarantee it'll be as fast with a repeater, however.