Corsair 900d with 5 radiators

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Well making small progress with hard lines. But another issue has risen. I need help. I got a new cpu (E5 1630v3) and now my motherboard wont accept all the ram. I managed to get 48 gigs installed, but when I insert one of the remaining sticks I get a  no boot situation. Debug codes 15 60 55. I have tried installing the ram in many different ways and no go. It all was installed and recognized before with my old cpu (E5-2658v3). Also now i only have 2 gfxs cards recognized. Any ideas would be helpful. Also the bios says "multiplier unlocked" Overclocking possible?

Edited by REDSPD3GT

If you can get into the BIOS with less RAM I would bump the DRAM voltage up a bit in case the IMC on your chip needs more juice to get the system running with more memory installed.  Also, yes, the E5 1xxx series Xeon's can be overclocked by increasing the multiplier :)

Many thanks xenkw0n. I already sent the e5 1630 back for a refund and have a e5 1620 coming. Ha the positive side of it all. I managed to score a 160fps using the 1630 and just 2 gtx 1080s running Heaven Unigine 1080p dx 11,ultra ,extreme AAx8`. Heck even using my old cpu  e5 2658. The bios says unlocked multiplier

• 4 weeks later...

Hello OCCers whats up? Darn I need more guidance. I am getting closer to completing my build but I am getting sidetracked. I am using push/pull airflow  fans (Corsair fans) on all my rads except for one of them.  But I am thinking about changing them to static pressure fans. I am using a combination of XSPC EX Rads and Swiftech Rads. Ha am I getting paranoid or what? Will I actually notice a difference in temps by going with the SP fans? And would I still need a push/pull?

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks Fragsman. Ha I went into overkill mode. So I originally got 25 Corsair SP 120 31-002319 fans(static pressure 4mm/H20). And for the the 140 rear rad I ordered Silverstone FHP-141 fans(static pressure 3.7 mm/H20). Well the SP120 even in push/pull were barely strong enough to pull air through the front mounted rad and filter. And airflow was not there. So I ordered some Delta AFB1212VHE-R00 fans and what a huge difference even at half speed. So I was able to hunt down 19 more Deltas. Delta AFB1212SHE-4F1C ($5 each). And changing the 140 mm fans for Sunon PFE0381BX-000U-S99 fans.

Edited by REDSPD3GT

My god... How noisy is that thing with Delta's running in it?  My main machine is also a 6800k (4.1ghz core 1.19v, 3.4ghz cache 1.05v) but in an ASUS X99-A II and 'only' 32gb G.Skill TridentZ at 2800mhz CL14 1.24v & .99v System Agent... I keep it cool enough with air using a Noctua NH-U14S with 2 Thermalright TY-147A fans in push/pull (doesn't go above 70c OCCT stress or 65c while encoding videos... or 50c while gaming - ~24c ambient)... The loudest piece of my hardware BY FAR is the EVGA GTX 970.  Everything else is practically inaudible.  I don't care about GPU noise because the only time the fans really start spinning and making noise is when I'm gaming which means I have my headphones on.

Tell me you have some pictures of this $4,000+ machine?  Speaking of... why not get at least the 6850k if you're spending THAT much?  Overclocks a lot better than the 6800k from most reviews.  I think I got lucky with my chip.  What kind of overclock are you running? temps?

Hey xenkw0n. I haven't finished building yet. Was almost there till I got fan paranoia. Ha don't know how loud it's gonna be. But testing Delta fans I have now, 1/4 speed gives me adequate airflow. I am using push/pull on all rads except for the single 120. Not sure if I hit the $4k mark yet. I bought everything used except for CPU(stupid good deal),RAM, fans, and fan controllers. Had some new stuff left over from my last build attempt. The rest of my fans arrive Tuesday. post-143263-0-20690900-1480780803_thumb.jpgpost-143263-0-44139300-1480780837_thumb.jpgpost-143263-0-80213800-1480780867_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ha I am finally up and running. I have a question. I am using the 6800k cpu. 2 cores are always running 20 degrees hotter than the rest at idle and under load. Is this just the design of the cpu or do I need to change something?

Came to the party a little late..... sorry    So I did my computer in PTEG from XSPC and also bought their PTEG tube kit, so cutter, trimmer, bender and silicon insert.   By default im an industrial maintenance technician with an electrical background so bending conduit comes as a second nature for me.   Once I figured out the take up of the bender bending the PTEG was easy.   In all I only scrapped out about a 1' section and it was to short to begin with, but I was trying to figure out how to make a multiple bend pipe from the radiator to pump with the bender i had since its not like a normal conduit bender.

07A4021B-7B2E-473E-A383-4AFBFC1A1919_zps

Although it looks like the tubes are leaning they are not, no mater how i take the picture some of the tubes just dont look straight.  everything is level and parallel.

Parts

Asus rampage 3 extreme board

i7 975

Mushkin 12GB ram

4 EVGA GTX 670 superclock+

Creative Sound blasterX G5 external sound card

EVGA 1600W G2 PSU

Danger Den motherboard block

EK 970 waterblocks

EK quad series/parallel block

XSPC D5 Photon Reservoir/Pump Combo, 270mm

XSPC Raystorm Pro

XSPC ECX Ultra Concentrate Coolant, Blood Red ( 2 bottles)

XSPC compression fittings

XSPC 480mm and 360mm RX series

11 corsair sp120 fans

Thermaltake CORE P5 case

2 liters distilled water

silver kill coil.

Edited by olokul