Corsair 900d with 5 radiators

Hello OCCers whats up? Well I am back to gaming after many years. I got a 900d for a stupid deal. Anyways I wanna run 5 radiators. Probably overkill, ha but thats what I do. Well my questions are fan layout. Do I use a push, pull or push/pull configuration? Also what about airflow? Would it be better to bring outside air into the case through radiators or draw the air out?  All input from everyone would be appreciated.

Edited by REDSPD3GT

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I would say more surface area covered matters most. So...maybe?

If you are running larger tubes than more water is potentially moving which is better. But you can counter this by having a low speed pump or a lot of radiator. At that point, just moving the water is good enough. If you have 5 radiators than I can't see it mattering at all.

Flow needs to be enough to equalize the loop. That'll be affected by your pump choice, tubing sizes, blocks, and radiators. With 5 rads you'll want a beefy pump regardless of what block you choose and the tubing is unlikely to matter much.

Always draw cold air across the rads, but you can't expect to be able to do that with 5 rads drawing into the case unless you have some exhaust fans to counter the pressure.

Waco very nice to see a fellow New Mexican here. Well I have 2 D5 pumps. Shall I run those in series or have 2 different loops? I will be runnin . g a 452x2 reservoir.I have a 3x120 XSPC Radiator in the front with 3-120mm fans pulling air in. On the front I have 2-140mm fans pushing air in. On top I have a 4x120 in a push/pull as exhaust. On back I have a 140mm rad in push/pull for exhaust. On the opposite of the mother board lower I have a 4x120 mounted on the inside now 3-120mm fans only. But I plan on mounting on the outside to set it up in push/pull. That should draw air from outside. And on the motherboard side lower I have a 2x120 that I will mount on the outside as well and set it up as push/pull. And use that as exhaust. Plan on using 10/12mm petg tubing. I am open to suggestions and ideas

What are you cooling?

Separate loops are good when you want to cool CPU and GPUs separately to reduce heat to each component.

If the card or cards wont be water cooled then you will be way overkill with that many radiators, a thick 120mm or any dual rad can handle just a CPU. So in essence, we need more info

Oh sorry. But I do plan on cooling the GPUs and the CPU. I was thinking a 4x120 and the single 140 rad dedicated to the cpu. And that leaves a 4x120 rad a 3x120 rad and a 2x120 rad for the GPUs. 1st loop. res-4x120-cpu-140-res. Second loop res-4x120-gpus-2x120-3x120-res.

So I am curious. Searched online many times. I read distilled water is the best coolant to use. But I also read that premixes are way better than they used to be years ago. So what is the best coolant? What is everyone using? I would like to have colored coolant.

Edited by REDSPD3GT