Windows 10 Pro - UAC Oddity

wevsspot

So being down with a broken foot the last two weeks, I decided to upgrade the next to last Windows 7 PC on my home network. This is my primary use / gaming PC (originally running Windows 7 Pro).  OS installation was fresh (not an overwrite or upgrade) using one of my valid Windows 7 Pro keys from an obsolete installation.  Installation package extracted from Microsoft ISO download and the latest update released in November 2015 (rev 1511 if memory serves me correctly).  Electronic digital entitlement and activation went fine.  In fact every step of the change from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro went off without a hitch.

I've worked through the minor System Event critical error notices (mostly DCOM related) and for the most part the machine is doing everything splendidly.  However, last night I was changing my UAC account control from "minimal interruption" to "no interruption" and the machine just hangs for 3-4 minutes not allowing me to select the "Yes" option to select the changed setting.  Eventually it will take, but I'd sure like to figure out what is causing the hiccup.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed similar behavior.  This is my sixth Windows 10 Pro installation and the only one that exhibits this behavior.

I had similar issue trying to disable UAC, moving the UAC slider to the bottom, still left controls in place even after several re-boots. I disabled Windows 10 UAC  with manual registry adjustment.

Seem's when you disable UAC, that elevates the account. Windows apps from Store cannot run in an elevated account or elevated explorer process  :no: geez.

I had similar issue trying to disable UAC, moving the UAC slider to the bottom, still left controls in place even after several re-boots. I disabled Windows 10 UAC  with manual registry adjustment.

Seem's when you disable UAC, that elevates the account. Windows apps from Store cannot run in an elevated account or elevated explorer process  :no: geez.

Thanks for the confirmation Brae.  I was playing around with RAID 0 stripe sizes over the weekend so I ended up with a couple of fresh installs between last Thursday and Sunday morning.  After the last installation, I've just left UAC alone this time around.  May go back in and mess with it again after I regain my composure.

Onto another topic;

All of my Win10 rigs have the same DCOMM error (10016) as explained here;

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-error-10016-from-run-time-broker-cannot/3f21a980-7f1e-48e5-85ea-6aa8843ecf40?auth=1

The fix works but it is time consuming and not sure what else it breaks in the process.  The error only occurs at shutdown, so for now I'm tempted to leave well enough alone since it doesn't seem to impact startup or operation.

The only other thing cropping up in the systems logs is Service Control Manager Error 7031.  Covered fairly well here;

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/11523-errors-persisting-windows-10-even-after-clean-install-help-needed.html?s=85521e76a96c159bad5e5fb7b131b809

The fix seems to work occasionally, but it definitely breaks some of the Windows Store Apps in the process.

On a positive note, all of the Win10 machines on my network are communicating and appear to be working well.  Even managed to get my wireless printer problem straightened out during my down time. 

All my software will run fine on most pc's running W10. But I have a few older machines that have issues,.. that are generally noticed quickly,.. So I only add software as I need it after new install of W10.

Edited by Braegnok