Battlefield 1 Announced by EA with October 21 Release Date

Today we learned the rumors are true and the next entry in the Battlefield franchise will be set in World War I. Titled Battlefield 1, the upcoming title is to deliver the multiplayer sandbox experience the franchise has established in a besieged French city, the Italian Alps, and the deserts of Arabia. Players will be able to bring a horse to a tank fight in battles with up to 64 players, engage in aerial dogfights, and have battleships attack coasts in some of the biggest battles ever. Also, as many new technologies were developed and deployed in World War I, players will be able to see some elements of modern warfare take form. Tanks, machine guns, military airplanes, and poison gas were all used in this war, some for the first time, and you can see each in the Reveal Trailer embedded below.

Despite only being revealed now, Battlefield 1 already has a release date of October 21, 2016, and it will be coming to PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Members of EA Access or Origin Access will be able to play the game before launch with Play First Trials. Every fan can sign up to be a Battlefield Insider to get access to the public beta and sneak peeks at news, along with special and exclusive content.

Source: EA

Back to original news post

Found this video on Reddit:

Can't say I'm as excited about this game as the commentator. Nothing says excitement (cue fireworks) like a land battleship driving under 6 MPH over rough terrain with no suspension. Battlefront trailer had as much energy as this but the actual game wasn't fun at least for me.

I still think WW2 would have been a much better choice with each expansion adding a new theater of war. I'm still hoping for that one game that finally combines Red Orchestra's gunplay with Battlefield's ease of access. Maybe Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.

I have so many questions, hopefully they will show gameplay and more details on how the game works at E3.

-------------

Collectors Edition - $220

Edited by WhenKittensATK