[SOLD] XEON E5-2683 V3 ES 14c/28t CPU

nanoprobe

Selling a XEON E5-2683 V3 ES CPU. Pulled from a working server. 2.0GH/z base clock. 2.3Ghz turbo clock on full load. I've read that X99 boards with overclock options can get 2.5-2.6GH/z on full load. I cannot verify this as this chip was running in a SuperMicro server board.

CPU only.  NO HSF

This is a used item and has some cosmetic blemishes on the heat spreader but is in 100% working condition.

Features

• MMX instructions
  • SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
  • SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
  • SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
  • SSSE3 / Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
  • SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 4 
  • AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
  • AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
  • AVX2 / Advanced Vector Extensions 2.0
  • BMI / BMI1 + BMI2 / Bit Manipulation instructions
  • F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion instructions
  • FMA3 / 3-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
  • EM64T / Extended Memory 64 technology / Intel 64 
  • NX / XD / Execute disable bit 
  • HT / Hyper-Threading technology 
  • VT-x / Virtualization technology 
  • VT-d / Virtualization for directed I/O
  • TBT 2.0 / Turbo Boost technology 2.0 
  • TXT / Trusted Execution technology
  • TSX / Transactional Synchronization Extensions

Untitled_zpsrflu1vyt.jpg

Asking $325 shipped to CONUS.

Edited by nanoprobe

Last I heard ES chips are illegal to sell and intel can come after you.

Technically you're right but Intel doesn't bother with it because to them it's not worth the hassle. I've sold them before. Usually put them up on fleabay but listed it here and other sites because fleabay is getting into the gouge range with their fees and they're just a PITA to deal with anymore.

If it's technically illegal to sell it, and you are admitting that fact, then it sounds like this thread needs to be locked and the chip needs to be kept by you or sent back to Intel or something.

"Engineering samples are early versions of new technology sent out to OEMs and reviewers for testing purposes, and remain the property of Intel. They are usually sent to OEMs in order to assist in the development of compatible products, or for display purposes. They are not for sale, and anyone selling them is technically stealing them to do so."

http://www.cpu-world.com/news_2012/2012010401_Four_engineers_arrested_for_selling_Intel_ES_chips.html

Gang I appreciate the concern but I checked with a mod before posting this and was told there was no problem. Intel says that it's not "legal" to sell them but the reality is they don't care. Just look at the hundreds for sale on E-bay.

I wish I had a reason to throw more cores into my NAS.  Sadly, 4 cores/8 threads is enough.  Anyone who encodes though, this is beyond what you can buy on the consumer (i7) market and priced extremely well!