peshewah

Got the last of the parts today.

I7 6700k cpu & NH -U12S heatsink

Asus Z170-A mobo

MSI R9 390

G Skill 16GB PC2400 I think

Samsung SSD 850 250gb and 2 other harddrive

EVGA 850 PSU

Its up and running. Seems to run good. I would like to overclock but my son keeps his room to hot. Is there anything I need to enable or disable in the bios?

One other thing, the Asus mobo is nice. I really like the lay out

Black64, I used default setting. It would be easy to overclock but my boys room is so hot. He likes it that way. I had to en-able XMP. But, on the mobo, there is a XMP switch. I left it alone. But yes it runs good

You might want to check and make sure all the voltages are set instead of left to auto. Your son already keeps the room hot, no need adding any extra heat if you don't need it.

Do you know what a good voltage would be?

Whatever the items are supposed to be set at. So around 1.2v for the CPU, 1.35v for the RAM if you're keeping things at stock.

Thanks again bp9801

Feetsfats, the cases is huge Lian Li. I had a hard time stretching the wires from point A to point B so its not a build to be proud of. So no, no pictures. I didn't want to build a new computer. I tried to upgrade the graphics card and PSU but the mobo didn't like it and I had too much cash in the new GPU & PSU to turn back. I didn't want to buy a  new mobo that was out dated so I moved forward. I was able to use the case and 2 hard drives for the new build. But yes my son digs his new rig

Your cooling capacity in the room will ultimately determine your overclock. The Noctua cooler is a great bit of hardware and you should be able to get a mild overclock with it. You can use AISuite III to set your overclock using the TPU tool or go into the BIOS and use it there. I cannot remember the F Key number in the Eazy section of the BIOS but it is about as seamless as you can get.